Thread: Congrats !!!
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonlion View Post
Confused by hey the fact is -what a sub! And against a Gracie - that is the probably the worst cause of loss for a Gracie. But in fairness that beautiful left hook must of had his head ringing.

Absolute spot on - not a big power punch - just the sort you don't see that is sharp and leaves you reeling. one of the best Hughes finishes!
I absolutely agree. I think that has to be one of my favourite Hughes Fights, Short and to the point, showing off all his most positive attributes, like strength, wrestling...and a finish against possibly the most legitamate Gracie-trained he has fought yet. Came out relatively unscathed, prooved a load of haters wrong. It was...as some other site said that JB quoted in the spoilers thread "absolute perfection" it just was simply outstanding.

To Ricardos credit, he didnt tap out... but...not sure he had much of a chance to be fair

It appears the UFC have heavily rewarded Anderson...which I think is okay...reinforce good behaviour. Anderson got his pay plus winners bonus, then ontop of that he got fight of the night, and on top of that he got the equivilent of a submission of the night bonus also. Thats three atop his salary for the fight. Hopefully that, combined with how close Chael came to winning will convince him its worth putting on a show EVERY time he fights