Thread: How do you feel
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surveyorshawn View Post
I appreciate all this encouragement and the offers of prayers more than any of you know! I am truly privileged to be associated with such Godly and caring people. Hearing the thoughts from mothers has helped with my perspective greatly too. I already had the perspective of being abandoned by my father at a young age and being raised with my younger sister by a single mother who carried a lot of resentment toward my dad. Hearing from you guys has helped widen that greatly. Because my dad left completely, I had already vowed even as a young child, that no matter what happened, I would always do whatever is in my power to be a daddy to my children and not leave them, ever.

I write this after yet another emotionally exhausting dealing with his mom, but that sweet little blue-eyed boy snuggled up next to me right now is all worth it and more to me! The last couple of emails his mom & I exchanged seemed more peaceful, and I mentioned how I had wanted to talk about modifying the 5 weeks when I picked him up because it is so long for her not to see him. Maybe she will email me back and ask how I am willing to work it around. I hope so, and that doing so will be a major step toward reconciling in our roles as Ben's parent. Thank you guys for the prayers, we all need them, especially Benaiah David..
That overly used statement "God works in mysterious ways" is really true. All the nonsense I have been going through with my childrens father well it's actually started a healing process for all of us..Good luck and I know no matter what the outcome will be that soon you both will reach a point where Benaiahs best interest will be honored by both parties..