View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 PM
mikthehick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn
Is your Gym per chance The MMA Institute....you know a most dissagreeable man called Rick McCoy? because I've been hearing a great deal about how whoever was cornering your guy was rather...insulting, to the suckerpunch guy who lost...By all means be pleased with a win, but...well I'm sure you know my thoughts on camps and fighters with bad attitudes, I wont support them.

Theres one guy from that gym who says he's even re-thinking whether to be associated with the gym after the corner mans display.

http://www.suckerpunchent.com/fighte...rd-uwc-update/

If thats your gym, I am suprised you stand by their actions....coz swearing at a fighter and rubbing his nose in the loss, the second it happens has to be one of the most unchristian things you can possibly do to a fighter....even if there is bad blood.

Course "cry all you want" isnt the nicest way to address a dissapointed fan, when your guy wins. Havent you and your guys heard of being Humble in Victory??
Ok Dave, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you over a misinterpretation of "cry all you want". It was a joke, and I'm sorry if you took it another way, but I had no intentions of demeaning you, Levon, or anyone when I said that. For that I'm sorry. If you took it personally, then I apologize. That's as sincere as I can make that

As for Rick, he's really good friends with Dave, the owner and head instructor at my gym. Dave is a pretty big Christian, he's a little rough, but he will never admit he's perfect and he's got a good character and a strong work ethic. Me and him were meeting last night and discussing how to get the gym off the ground, especially since we just moved to a bigger place. Boomer helped set up a ton of behind the scenes stuff at the gym, and the rest of us are trying to keep it afloat until more people sign up.

Rick basically runs the fight camp, MMAI, in VA in Richmond, Harrisonburg, Winchester, and Charlottesville. It's a large fight team. I've never met Rick, nor can I say how his character is, but I've heard he's pretty cool. As for actions, I also can't judge as I'm not perfect, and it's reasonably unfair in my opinion for people to judge what "may" have happened at an event you didn't attend. There was nothing but respect between the two fighters, Levon and Baker. They shook hands before and after the fight and hugged--I saw it, i was there, I even have a picture somewhere. Kyle Baker was nothing but humble and gracious in his post fight interview. So I don't know why you accuse the corner of being rough and tumble. Rick, from what I saw, looked happy--I didn't see any "bad blood" or swearing.

EDIT: I just read the blog of the fans that were there, and again, I didn't see how Rick acted. Most of the people were drunk near the floor, since they were stumbling over everything--I think that's usual at any live event. Rick does run the fight team, but each gym here has a separate owner from what I know. It just sucks that some people misinterpret stuff sometimes, and again, I don't personally know Rick, and I'm not going to stand up for any actions he displayed there. I'm more focused on helping the Charlottesville branch grow and keeping it feeling like the tight knit family it has become.

Matt. 7:1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."

So yeah, there's my thesis for the day.

I'm really upset that you think my fight camp is not humble and rubs victories in other people's faces--there are 4 gyms and they are all different, just under the McCoy name. That's is completely not what we are about. Every fight I've been to, they are gracious in defeat and honored when they win--definitely not like Mr. Serra and his actions.

If anything, The HIT Squad is a model gym for what Dave wants to do to the Cville gym. You just wait and see. I really don't care either way if you support or even like the MMAI of VA. That's your opinion. But please please don't believe everything you read on the internet unless you were actually there.

Last edited by mikthehick; 02-24-2009 at 08:15 PM.