View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:59 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logrus View Post
I can see why they are spear heading resale on games because it is a lot of loss revenue that could be going back into the company to continue to improve on games. Free content, free exclusive items. Its a great idea. The only thing that seems odd is giving free in game codes for an item to a company which bases 3/4 of its revenue off of resales.

I never played Madden or Fight Night JB. I didnt know they were charging for the things you talked about, seems kinda stupid and its taking a part of the game away from its player base.

I don't think the players will turn out if you have to pay for the service for "live broadcast". I could see it being popular if it was a gold membership for 360 or part of the new premium service for Ps3. I cant see fans jumping on paying for something that they have less then a 1% chance of being involved in..
Exactly, the resale market is the biggest part of the video game industry.

I can understand why they want to make some extra money by offering the silly extra downloads like I was talking about, or even asking for a small fee from the people who bought the game used to help maintain the servers for online gaming. However, before they make that end-user pay for the Online features, they should get to try it out first, even if it's only for a day. They could just link it to the Xbox or PS3 gamertag in that respect. The reason I say this is, look at the new UFC game. That game completely sucks online according to 90% of the people who own it, yet they are charging the resale customers to use it.

If they are seriously planning a monthly fee, there better be some BAD ASS stuff going on, or nobody is gonna buy it. These aren't World of Warcraft nerds we are talking about here.