View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2130 View Post
was watching EA talk about it yesterday, they are gonna start having premium online options for all there games for a monthly fee, didnt say much about what the fees would be but they already plan multiple packages (example there shooter games are in one package, football is seperate, mma is different, or a bundle kit where you get it all)

the premium MMA sounded great in theory, their main points being tournaments where players are selected at random and matched based on performance to compete for prizes, the part i cant quite figure out is that they plan to have real commentators and expect to have tons of players tuneing in to watch it the mock-PPV type event, i just dont see that turning out like they are saying it will
If they go to a MONTHLY fee, gamers are going to revolt.

All of the new EA games are already starting to charge for online access. If you buy a game brand new, they will give you a code to redeem it for free, but if you rent the game or buy it used, you have to pay to access the online features. Okay, I understand the logic behind that, even if I think it's lame, but how are they gonna justify a monthly access fee?

Premium content is already getting way out of hand. Between Madden 10 and Fight Night Round 4 alone I have spent a BUNCH of money on crap like extra fighters, extra game-modes, power-ups, etc... Heck, they soak you like 2 or 3 bucks for a feature that will let you keep a player from retiring during your Dynasty mode on Madden, but when you bring the guy back, his stats drop and the price tag for his salary goes up! I understand keeping it real, but that's friggin ridiculous.