Thread: Baby Hailey
View Single Post
  #1  
Old 05-13-2010, 09:35 PM
County Mike
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Baby Hailey

I decided to make a separate thread rather than take up the "How do you feel" one.

Recap:
Kelli's due date was Friday so on Monday night her midwife decided to induce. There wasn't really any rush but I guess she just didn't want Hailey to become too big and cause a more difficult birth.

Monday night they gave Kelli something to help thin the cervix. By Tuesday, not much had changed so they gave Kelli another dose of the cervix medicine.

Wednesday: The cervix had thinned but Kelli was only 1.5cm dilated. They started her on Pitocin to cause contractions and hopefully help her dilate more. She spent almost a full day with very painful contractions but no progress on the dilation or thinning of the cervix. Around 10pm Wednesday night they decided to take her off the Pitocin and try to let her sleep.

Thursday: Still no change. They sent us home. If Kelli doesn't dilate more and go into full labor naturally they will induce again on Monday night. Kelli is having contractions but they're spread out. She's very uncomfortable so I'm just trying to help her relax. The only thing that seems to help is sitting in a tub of warm water.

Thank you all for the support and well wishes. Thanks to Amy for her information. I'll keep you posted as much as I can when things change.
Reply With Quote