View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn

Renato Sobral

Disrespected Mixed Martial Arts and everything about it, himself, his trainers, his opponents and the audience, when he deliberately tried to cause harm to his opponent after the match was over. He could have killed the guy, he ignored the Ref. He deserved to be given the boot.

I am a fan and I don't feel disrespected. And as for 'He could have killed the guy', you can't really use that argument. Everytime that someone punches someone in the face they 'could have killed the guy.'

And if you stand on the fact that he disrespected the Art then what about flipping your opponent off and yelling 'F(*& you' AFTER you have won the fight. Now THAT is disrespectful. And disrespectful to your fans and the audience? Exactly! Can't leave them out because he flipped them off, too. I would much rather my fighter hold a choke too long than flip me off and yell 'f' you' at me.

p.s. I also disagree with the 'deliberately tried to cause harm' statement. These guys know how to cause harm if that is their true intentions. (He could have buggered his eye up ala Rich Franklin.)