Thread: Hot Yoga
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philips4 View Post
Even if you hate it, its supposed to be really good for you! I go to "normal" yoga once a week and hate it but can tell a difference in my flexibility! The worst part is seeing all those healthy 80 year olds bend themselves into pretzels and I'm struggling trying to keep standing! Once a year my buddy in Maui makes me go to the "hot" yoga. Again my competitive "I can do anything you can do" attitude almost got me killed, by the end of the 90 minutes I was laying in a pool of my own sweat wishing I could crawl out of the room but didn't have the strength! Good luck with that, let us know what you think!
Well I've done it. I was very nervous hearing all the stories of people almost passing out or throwing up during their first class. And it doesn't help to be told that my only goal is to remain in the room for the entire 90 minutes. My friend couldn't make it since she's ill but I sucked it up and went anyway. Alone.....

Let me just say that the heat was not fun but it wasn't horrendous. There was a girl in there who was about 6 months pregnant and was doing all kinds of crazy poses and made me feel awful about my flexibility.

So I'll go tomorrow again and see how I feel. I am feeling pretty good now that it's all over and I've showered. More later when I've eaten and had some bf time.

~Amy