View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
ok .. so i didn't read all that .. and maybe global warming is not going to happen as some people say, but does that mean that we shouldn't be creating more fuel effiecient or clean fuel automobiles? does that mean we shouldn't put pollution restrictions on large corporations? does that mean we shouldn't look to alternative energy sources like wind, solar etc?

i don't see what the big deal is to try and clean up the world or stop polluting for our future generations ...

just my 2 cents ...
Recycling, "green energy" and stuff like that are separate issues. I'd support all of those just out of respect for GOD's creation. However, we don't need scientists to lie to us with pseudo-facts and misleading information in order to make that happen.

It'd be similar to inventing a fake disease to get people to stop smoking pot. Getting people to stop smoking marijuana is a worthwhile ambition, but trying to accomplish that with a lie is just wrong and deceitful.

It's a "the ends justify the means" mentality that has proven so dangerous in the past and is totally contradictory to Christian values. Basically, if scientists can knowingly lie to us about global warming in order to manipulate our thinking, then what else are they lying to us about (aside from Evolution, of course)?