View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I don't think it's really a stretch at all.

In 8 seasons, Amare has put up stats that are quite comparable to Malone. Karl averaged 25 points and 10 rebounds per game for his career, and Amare averages 22 points and 9 rebounds per game for his career. Amare is still making progress and getting better and he has a lot of time ahead of him. Plus, Amare has had some injuries that set him back a little and he missed the whole 2005 season. Even when you compare other stats like field goal percentage, free throw percentage, assists, steals, blocks, and turnovers they both have very similar stats.

On the other end, Steve Nash and John Stockton have also both had very similar careers, but Stockton was a better defensive player than Nash and Nash is a better offensive player than Stockton. Personally, I would take Nash over Stockton, but both men are clearly Hall of Famers, just as is Karl Malone and I believe Amare will be also as long as he stays healthy and keeps on producing as he has up to this point.
karl malone was a two time mvp though... amare has never even finished top 5 in mvp voting. The only thing they can match stockton and malone at is scoring and that has alot to do with the pace they play at.. The jazz were a grind it out defensive team while the suns are a run and gun team who doesnt play much defense!!!