View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheConcretekid View Post
I feel that many people here think that the United States of America is the greatest country in the world.

I for one consider myself a patriot and I love this country and know that it is the greatest nation in the world.

I have been to the Middle East, Asia, all over Europe and across North and South America, in total I've visited, worked and lived in over a dozen countries. I have experienced several types of culture, people, religions, music, entertainment, societies, food, languages and governments and have concluded that America has the best system in the world.

My question to everyone on this board: Do you think America is the greatest country in the world and what other countries have you lived in?

I think this could bring a unique discussion about all topics that are represented in these forums.
Lived...or Visited??

I have only ever LIVED in England...but I have Visited Scotland, Wales, The Republic of Eire, the Channel Islands, The Islands of Mull and Iona, France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Switzerland, Greece, and Several from the United States of America, include Virginia, The District of Colombia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pensylviania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Missouri

Greatest Country in the World needs to be defined.

In terms of Super-powers, currently it is the Greatest Country because it is the sole Super Power.

In Terms of Empire, its not very Great because its territories and realms are small, but then it didnt rise to power until after the age of empires really.

In Terms of Size, Its pretty Great because it occupies the vast majority of one of only a handful of continents on the planet, and its climate is vastly different at two different points in the same country

In terms of Age and Legacy, No, The United States is little more then a teenager, only New Zealand and Israel are younger then her, unless you want to count some of the countries that came into being after the collapse of the USSR I suppose

in terms of population No, infact she is quite Minor, she has lots of land and virutally no population

In terms of Military Strength, Yes she is Great

In terms of International Significance, well, she wobbled a bit recently, but she's still up there with the older boys

She is the last vestige of Christendom thats for sure.

so it depends on what you mean by Greatest. I certainly love Americans and America, she reminds me of what England used to be because in so many ways she takes after her Mother

You are one of Our Brood hahahaha

We are The Land of Hope and Glory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpEWpK_Dl7M

"land of Hope and Glory, Mother of The Free..."

You are The Land of the Free and Home of The Brave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ETrr-XHBjE

"does that Star Spangled Banner yet wave, over the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave..."

Last edited by Tyburn; 02-19-2010 at 07:23 PM.