View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 11:40 AM
rearnakedchoke

This is like asking if Red is the best colour in the world ... it is so subjective and many people haven't lived in other countried for long enough to make a proper decision .. yes, you will have studies that take everything into account, and people still disagree with them .... i see it as this way ... if you are happy with where you live, then who cares ... i live in canada and love it .. i have been to many places, but never to live, so I wouldn't be able to say if Canada is the best ... but for me, it is the best

okay, so here is a list from the UN
Best Country to Live: List of Countries on 2009 UN HDI
Share: by Scott Wu | October 5, 2009 at 11:52 am
79061 views | 30 Recommendations | 61 comments
Photos
Kåfjord
see larger image
The United Nation Development Programme (UNDP) released its 2009 Human Development Report, and ranked 182 countries in terms of the quality of life of their citizens, or the UN Human Development Index (HDI). The criteria included life expectancy, literacy rates, school enrollment, and the country's economy. Norway is ranked the first, followed by Australia and Iceland.

The data, however, were collected in 2007, before the global financial melt-down in 2008. Much has changed in countries such as Iceland, which experienced severe bank failure. However, Iceland's ranking is not expected to decline too much because of its high life expectancy and education standard.

Ranked the lowest were Niger, Afghanistan, and Sierra Leone.

Afghanistan was considered the second least desirable place to live in, with a life expectancy of 43.6 years, due to the war and civil unrest.

Here is the list of countries on the Human Development Report:

Top 30 on Human Development Index Ranking

Norway
Australia
Iceland
Canada
Ireland
Netherlands
Sweden
France
Switzerland
Japan
Luxembourg
Finland
United States
Austria
Spain
Denmark
Belgium
Italy
Liechtenstein
New Zealand
United Kingdom
Germany
Singapore
Hong Kong, China (SAR)
Greece
Korea (Republic of)
Israel
Andorra
Slovenia
Brunei Darussalam

Now I would never see myself living in Norway or Iceland, and I had many Canadian friends go to Australia to live and came back ... so again, such a subjective topic ....