Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Matt Hughes (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The MMA Hour With Matt Hughes, Cung Le, Matthew Riddle, Dustin Poirier, Tyrone Spong (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9999)

VCURamFan 10-22-2012 02:31 PM

The MMA Hour With Matt Hughes, Cung Le, Matthew Riddle, Dustin Poirier, Tyrone Spong

From MMAFighting.com:

Quote:

The MMA Hour is back on its normal day and time. Here's a rundown of who'll be stopping by Monday's show:

1 -- Matthew Riddle will discuss his failed UFC 149 drug test and what's next for him.

1:20 -- Kickboxer turned MMA fighter Tyrone Spong will preview his MMA debut for World Series of Fighting on Nov. 3.

1:40 -- Dustin Poirier will talk about training with American Top Team and his upcoming fight against Jonathan Brookins.

2 -- UFC Hall-of-Famer Matt Hughes will discuss the state of his career and what he's been up to lately.

2:20 -- Middleweight Cung Le will look ahead to his UFC on FUEL TV 6 main event against Rich Franklin on Nov. 10.

2:40 -- We'll answer your #themmahour questions on anything and everything going on in the MMA world. Hit us up on Twitter using that hash tag or give us a call. The best question will receive this prize from Round 5: Ultimate Collector Series 10 featuring Championship Editions of Anderson Silva and Dominick Cruz, Pride variants for Alistair Overeem and Mark Coleman, the Round 5 debuts of Chael Sonnen and Anthony Pettis, and a brand new figure for Lyoto Machida. We'll be giving away one of those for the next few weeks.

Plus, we'll be taking your calls on anything and everything. Got a question or comment? Give us a call at 1-888-418-4074.

Watch the show live below beginning at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT / 5 p.m. GMT. Subscribe to The MMA Hour on iTunes: audio feed here; video feed here. Download previous episodes here. Listen to the show via Stitcher here or via TuneIn here.

VCURamFan 10-23-2012 12:37 PM

Here's Matt's portion of the show:

http://www.mmafighting.com/videos/20...54-matt-hughes

VCURamFan 10-23-2012 04:55 PM

A really rough re-cap of the interview:
  • "Not saying I've closed the door [on his career], but my hand's on the door handle"
  • Has really enjoyed spending this year helping to raise his kids, it's made his focus shift.
  • Working with a company to get MMA into the Olympics
    • Creating a US amatuer organization
    • Talked with other countries
    • Paperwork is done to apply
  • Wants to help the UFC fix the juding situation (thinks it's the weakest portion of MMA today)
    • Would be willing to be a judge, but "If I'm a judge, I can only help the guy in front of me"
    • Would like to be part of a judging school of some sort
    • Damage should be #1 priority for judging
    • Won't say 10-9 doesn't work, but definitely think it needs a lot of tweaking
  • Not sure why there are so many injuries now
    • Guys are making decisions differently than we used to
  • Gave up the H.I.T. Squad because of a battle at home
    • Wife didn't like him being gone so much & he was doing most of his training in Utah anyhow, so he gave up the gym to get a W at home
  • TRT - Don't know much about it
    • "Everybody oughta step in there the way they are"
    • "Never took anything that wasn't in a GNC store ready to go into a shaker"
  • Thinks GSP takes Condit "as long as his mind's right"
  • Thinks GSP is the WW GOAT "Georges beat me twice"
  • No one out there he's itching to fight
  • Doesn't care what Dan Hardy has to say
    • "According to the Bible & the law, I haven't done anything wrong"

Bonnie 10-23-2012 05:46 PM

Thanks for posting the video link, Ben, that was a great interview with Matt, Ariel covered a lot of ground. :)

Interesting news about the Olympics, and good idea about teaching judging for mma. :cool: It sounds like Matt has come around and found an acceptance and peace with Dana's thinking/decision regarding him not fighting anymore. It probably helped a lot that Matt is such a well-rounded guy. He took opportunities to branch out and develop other interests of his, with great success, while he was still fighting...that's a smart man! :)

Bonnie 10-23-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 195687)
A really rough re-cap of the interview:
  • "Not saying I've closed the door [on his career], but my hand's on the door handle"
  • Has really enjoyed spending this year helping to raise his kids, it's made his focus shift.
  • Working with a company to get MMA into the Olympics
    • Creating a US amatuer organization
    • Talked with other countries
    • Paperwork is done to apply
  • Wants to help the UFC fix the juding situation (thinks it's the weakest portion of MMA today)
    • Would be willing to be a judge, but "If I'm a judge, I can only help the guy in front of me"
    • Would like to be part of a judging school of some sort
    • Damage should be #1 priority for judging
    • Won't say 10-9 doesn't work, but definitely think it needs a lot of tweaking
  • Not sure why there are so many injuries now
    • Guys are making decisions differently than we used to
  • Gave up the H.I.T. Squad because of a battle at home
    • Wife didn't like him being gone so much & he was doing most of his training in Utah anyhow, so he gave up the gym to get a W at home
  • TRT - Don't know much about it
    • "Everybody oughta step in there the way they are"
    • "Never took anything that wasn't in a GNC store ready to go into a shaker"
  • Thinks GSP takes Condit "as long as his mind's right"
  • Thinks GSP is the WW GOAT "Georges beat me twice"
  • No one out there he's itching to fight
  • Doesn't care what Dan Hardy has to say
    • "According to the Bible & the law, I haven't done anything wrong"

Good job, Ben! :laugh: The only thing I would add is "hunting" to the "Dan Hardy...bible and law" point so those who don't watch the video, and aren't on Twitter, will know what in the "tweet" Matt is referring to. :laugh:

rearnakedchoke 10-24-2012 01:11 PM

thanks for the notes !!! the video doesn't work for me !!

Silverback 10-24-2012 01:50 PM

Yes I caught that one, it was a good interview. And GSP will always be number 2.:punch::punch::punch::laugh:

Bonnie 10-24-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 195711)
Yes I caught that one, it was a good interview. And GSP will always be number 2.:punch::punch::punch::laugh:

Exactly! GSP may get some numbers, etc..., but he'll never have that Hughes' je ne sais quoi. :laugh: