Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need help with choosing a laptop( no Nate I'm not getting a Mac) (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9804)

MattHughesRocks 08-06-2012 09:41 PM

Need help with choosing a laptop( no Nate I'm not getting a Mac)

What are your opinions on laptops? I want a decent one but a cheap one. All I do is surf the net. I'm not a gamer but I do like to have something for pictures and a webcam.
I've read that 2 years is the average life span of a lap top and the two that I have are just past the 2 years and are giving me so many problems. I don't want to pay money to fix them I'd rather just get new and not have to keep paying to fix them. I don't buy old cars either. I like what I have to work and not worry about them breaking down.
What I have now are a Dell and an Asus. The Dell was I think 6 hundred something and the Asus was just over 500 I think.The Dell had more software but it was for things I didn't use.
I just went to Best Buy and saw some really cheap ones (just under 400) but I'm worried that those are....well...cheap :laugh:

Anyway...your two cents please :)

VCURamFan 08-06-2012 09:50 PM

Sound like what you want is prolly a netbook. They're small, light, portable, long battery life & basically just built for (like you said) browsing.

MattHughesRocks 08-06-2012 10:05 PM

Can I plug my printer into one and can I have my iTunes on it? How small are they? I don't want it too small so that I can't read the screen ( I'm gettin old ya know :unsure-1: )

MattHughesRocks 08-07-2012 03:24 AM

Toshiba won and I got a TV for my bedroom :)

County Mike 08-07-2012 12:37 PM

Toshiba is generally a good choice.

MattHughesRocks 08-07-2012 02:14 PM

Good. Glad I didn't screw it up :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 193642)
Toshiba is generally a good choice.

Buc Nasty 08-07-2012 02:23 PM

Two years? I've had mine for nearly 6 and its still going strong!

What you should do is get an external hard drive to store all your stuff on, back up the drivers and then when performance suffers reinstall the operating system.

Practice on one of the old laptops until your comfortable doing it. It might sound difficult but its really just time consuming more than anything.

VCURamFan 08-07-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buc Nasty (Post 193645)

What you should do is get an external hard drive to store all your stuff on, back up the drivers and then when performance suffers reinstall the operating system.

Practice on one of the old laptops until your comfortable doing it. It might sound difficult but its really just time consuming more than anything.

Yyyyyeeeaaaaahhhh, you're not really gonna be able to sell MHR on that one...:laugh:

MattHughesRocks 08-07-2012 03:48 PM

I don't have the patience for that. I'd rather buy new :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buc Nasty (Post 193645)

Primadawn 08-07-2012 03:49 PM

I got a Toshiba too--a little less than a year ago when I went back to school. It's been great, especially for the price.