Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   What courses/classes are you currently taking? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9801)

VCURamFan 08-06-2012 02:40 PM

What courses/classes are you currently taking?

We've got a books thread, a movies thread, a music thread, a pictures thread, I thought "Why not an education thread?" We've got a lot of people across a variety of age groups, some are going through school/college, others are pursuing higher education, others are just learning about something that interests them. Let us know what you're studying now & what got you into it.

I'm embarking on an ambitious project that I may or may not ever complete! Covenant Theological Seminary (the PCA's seminary) has made 27 of their courses available on iTunes U. Each course contains recordings of every lecture from a given semester. My goal is to fulfill at least their "Core Classes" recquired for all MA degrees (you can see a list part way down THIS PAGE), and then move on to some "electives". I'm pretty eager to see how this plays out: since I have so much time at work to listen to books/music/etc., I figured why not use that to deepen my understanding of God's world.

TexasRN 08-07-2012 09:54 PM

I'm enrolled in this program called life skills. It sucks. I have to go to work in order to get any money at all. If I don't show up, I get in trouble. They can drug test me at any time. I have people who expect stuff of me and they are always telling me what to do. Then, the money I get has to go to other people for something called BILLS! If I don't pay my bills, I get creditors calling me and boy are they mean. Also, I have to clean my house, do my laundry, cook food, get along with my neighbors, and be nice to my family. Yuck. I'd much rather be a free loader who gets to sit at home and get paid by the government for no reason at all.

Sorry, Ben.:laugh: I am not in school or taking classes at the moment. The fiance started med school yesterday though. I have a kid in high school and a kid in junior high. Does any of that count?

~Amy

VCURamFan 08-07-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 193655)
I'm enrolled in this program called life skills. It sucks. I have to go to work in order to get any money at all. If I don't show up, I get in trouble. They can drug test me at any time. I have people who expect stuff of me and they are always telling me what to do. Then, the money I get has to go to other people for something called BILLS! If I don't pay my bills, I get creditors calling me and boy are they mean. Also, I have to clean my house, do my laundry, cook food, get along with my neighbors, and be nice to my family. Yuck. I'd much rather be a free loader who gets to sit at home and get paid by the government for no reason at all.

Sorry, Ben.:laugh: I am not in school or taking classes at the moment. The fiance started med school yesterday though. I have a kid in high school and a kid in junior high. Does any of that count?

~Amy

Nope, you fail, get outta my thread! :tongue0011:

TexasRN 08-07-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 193656)
Nope, you fail, get outta my thread! :tongue0011:

Jerk. :cry:

~Amy

Load Option 08-08-2012 12:16 AM

I am about to be done with my Masters Degree. I actually take my final for my last class tomorrow. I am glad it is over, I do not want to go through another football season having to take classes