Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dana White Thinks Hughes and Griffin should Retire (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9794)

JavierDLC 08-03-2012 02:36 AM

Dana White Thinks Hughes and Griffin should Retire

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...-should-retire

So what do you guys think?

VCURamFan 08-03-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 193518)

BOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry:

Vizion 08-03-2012 04:30 AM

Dana is right that Matt has nothing left to prove, but he's an electrifying fighter to watch. I'd say Matt's title shot chances are low at this point, but he's still got great match ups out there. Personally Matt is who got me interested in all of this and is one of the only fighter keeping me tuned in.

Matt wanted a shot at Diego a long time ago, why not? I'd also like to see Hallman again, or even Serra 2.

wavetar 08-03-2012 11:45 AM

Choking out Almeida showed that Matt still has the strength to Trigg-Slam people...I just wish he'd do it! His stand up defence & chin make winning fights tough against today's UFC fighters. He's gotta go back to his roots. I'd like to see him school Diego on the ground & call it a career.

Primadawn 08-03-2012 03:59 PM

I'd definitely like to see at least one more fight before Matt retires. Serra II would be my preference, but honestly, I'd pay to see him beat up my brother. (No, seriously....how much would it take? :laugh:)

Matt Hughes is absolutely the reason I got into watching MMA and I think his fans deserve to know when they're watching his last fight.

VCURamFan 08-03-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primadawn (Post 193530)
I'd definitely like to see at least one more fight before Matt retires. Serra II would be my preference, but honestly, I'd pay to see him beat up my brother. (No, seriously....how much would it take? :laugh:)

Matt Hughes is absolutely the reason I got into watching MMA and I think his fans deserve to know when they're watching his last fight.

Agreed. To think that I missed out on seeing Matt's last fight would kill me. Heck, just sign a Hughes vs. Hughes match! Can you imagine the buzz that would cause???? :w00t:

Liddellfan 08-03-2012 08:19 PM

I think Diego is a bad match up fpr Matt. He swings wild and sets a very fast pace. Hate to say it but I think he would TKO Matt in the first round. I know I don't want to see that fight, ever.
Would like to watch Matt give Sarah another beat down though. Would be much better this time as long he doesn't get head butted and then punched in the back of the head 10 times right after the head butt.

kevint13 08-04-2012 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liddellfan (Post 193536)
I think Diego is a bad match up fpr Matt. He swings wild and sets a very fast pace. Hate to say it but I think he would TKO Matt in the first round. I know I don't want to see that fight, ever.
Would like to watch Matt give Sarah another beat down though. Would be much better this time as long he doesn't get head butted and then punched in the back of the head 10 times right after the head butt.

I don't think either fight would happen anytime soon. I am pretty sure Diego was headed back to 155 and Serra looks like he would have a hard time hitting 205 at the moment :laugh:

flo 08-04-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 193521)
BOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry:

Word.

flo 08-04-2012 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavetar (Post 193527)
Choking out Almeida showed that Matt still has the strength to Trigg-Slam people...I just wish he'd do it! His stand up defence & chin make winning fights tough against today's UFC fighters. He's gotta go back to his roots. I'd like to see him school Diego on the ground & call it a career.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primadawn (Post 193530)

All great points, I sure agree with you guys.