Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   RIP Seau (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9506)

Bella79 05-02-2012 07:22 PM

RIP Seau
 
Rip Junior Seau. Died today of a self inflicted gun wound. :sad:

rearnakedchoke 05-02-2012 07:28 PM

wow .. RIP JR. .. very sad

VCURamFan 05-02-2012 07:28 PM

Wow, tragic. :sad:

J.B. 05-02-2012 08:36 PM

I was having the best day today, but this really put a hole in my boat. :sad:

RIP Junior...:cry:

Bella79 05-02-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 189876)
I was having the best day today, but this really put a hole in my boat. :sad:

RIP Junior...:cry:

I know John. That feeling is felt by us all.. So sad and to make our hearts more sad I read he shot himself in the chest possibly so his brain could be used for research. :cry:

J.B. 05-02-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella79 (Post 189877)
I know John. That feeling is felt by us all.. So sad and to make our hearts more sad I read he shot himself in the chest possibly so his brain could be used for research. :cry:

Another friend of mine said that too. I'm not sure thats why he shot himself in the chest, and honestly it don't matter. We will probably never truly know what was in his head at the time. He was a legend, it's very sad.

flo 05-03-2012 12:32 AM

I felt stunned hearing the news, do you think he might have been clinically depressed? :cry: It just about broke my heart hearing his mother grieve. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP Junior.

Bonnie 05-03-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 189883)
I felt stunned hearing the news, do you think he might have been clinically depressed? :cry: It just about broke my heart hearing his mother grieve. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. RIP Junior.

That was just heartwrenching! :cry:

Play The Man 05-03-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 189886)
That was just heartwrenching! :cry:

It is; however, scenes like that need to be shown. Suicide is incredibly selfish towards the surviving relatives. People contemplating suicide need to see that it emotionally devastates the survivors. May God have mercy on his soul.

Bonnie 05-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play The Man (Post 189900)
It is; however, scenes like that need to be shown. Suicide is incredibly selfish towards the surviving relatives. People contemplating suicide need to see that it emotionally devastates the survivors. May God have mercy on his soul.

I'm not sure certain people who are contemplating suicide would have the capacity to realize/see the pain they would be inflicting on those left behind.

I don't know what's going on with these football players who are committing suicide. This has brought up talk again that the NFL needs to do more to look into concussions and the longterm effects on the brain of past and present players. Maybe the family will donate his brain for research to see if his brain suffered from repetitive head trauma.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.