Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Mayweather vs Cotto (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9381)

JavierDLC 04-04-2012 02:48 PM

Mayweather vs Cotto

So what are your guys thoughts on this fight? How do you see it going?
Did you catch the FACEOFF with Max Kellerman yesterday?

I think it's the first opponent that I see who respects Floyd so much.

Im the biggest Floyd fan in the world next to J.B. but even I thought it was Fu@# Up for Floyd to be asking for the score of the OHio game and checking his tablet instead of paying attention :laugh: but that his thing I know.

J.B. 04-04-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 188292)
So what are your guys thoughts on this fight? How do you see it going?
Did you catch the FACEOFF with Max Kellerman yesterday?

I think it's the first opponent that I see who respects Floyd so much.

Im the biggest Floyd fan in the world next to J.B. but even I thought it was Fu@# Up for Floyd to be asking for the score of the OHio game and checking his tablet instead of paying attention :laugh: but that his thing I know.

Wow, I never knew I was the biggest Floyd fan in the world. I could actually make a laundry list of things I don't like about him, but I guess I spend so much time defending him on the internet that most people would think I'm his lawyer. Maybe I should call him about that, see if I can get on the payroll! :laugh:

I actually think this fight is dangerous for Floyd, and while I didn't see the faceoff with Kellerman, I have been worried about this fight in terms of where Floyd's head is. A part of me is actually rooting for Cotto to knock over the apple cart, just because I like him, but I don't really think it's gonna happen. Floyd is just too good at this game...it's like playing chess with Bobby Fisher.

rockdawg21 04-04-2012 03:43 PM

Floyd's biggest struggles have always been against guys who pressure him, but Floyd adjusts extremely well and usually makes his opponents give up trying to pursue him. It just depends how strong Cotto is mentally for this. It's a dangerous fight for Floyd knowing he lacks the power to finish Cotto - it took a loaded-glove Margarito 11 rounds and Pacquiao 12 rounds to finish Cotto and Mayweather's offensive output doesn't even compare to those guys'. Obviously, I'm rooting for Cotto but I think Floyd will get the nod via decision.

I haven't watched Face Off yet, but maybe I'll download it during my lunch and check it out.

I'm actually more excited to see the Mosley/Canelo fight than I am this one.

J.B. 04-04-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 (Post 188296)
Floyd's biggest struggles have always been against guys who pressure him, but Floyd adjusts extremely well and usually makes his opponents give up trying to pursue him. It just depends how strong Cotto is mentally for this. It's a dangerous fight for Floyd knowing he lacks the power to finish Cotto - it took a loaded-glove Margarito 11 rounds and Pacquiao 12 rounds to finish Cotto and Mayweather's offensive output doesn't even compare to those guys'. Obviously, I'm rooting for Cotto but I think Floyd will get the nod via decision.

I haven't watched Face Off yet, but maybe I'll download it during my lunch and check it out.

I'm actually more excited to see the Mosley/Canelo fight than I am this one.

Lets at least try to be fair...we don't know that Margs gloves were loaded against Cotto, even though I personally wouldn't doubt it.

I also wouldn't say Floyd "lacks the power to finish Cotto". He just doesn't concern himself with caring about looking "exciting". He only cares about winning and making money, both go hand in hand. :laugh:

Also, why are you more excited for Mosley/Canelo? I guess it COULD be a sleeper fight that turns out exciting, but odds are Alvarez just makes Shane look terrible. That is sad too, because Shane really was great at one time. Too bad it just wasn't when he actually fought Mayweather or Pacquiao.

JavierDLC 04-04-2012 05:07 PM

I agree this could be a dangerous fight for Floyd but watching the Faceoff Cotto didnt look to confident in my opinion. I agree with you J.B. Floyds mind might not be at in the right place right now. I think if there is ever a time to beat Floyd or at least have the greatest opportunity to do it... it should be this fight or the one when he comes back after jail..

With that said Im on the Money Team so im with Floyd 100%

JavierDLC 04-04-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 188301)
Lets at least try to be fair...we don't know that Margs gloves were loaded against Cotto, even though I personally wouldn't doubt it.

I also wouldn't say Floyd "lacks the power to finish Cotto". He just doesn't concern himself with caring about looking "exciting". He only cares about winning and making money, both go hand in hand. :laugh:

Also, why are you more excited for Mosley/Canelo? I guess it COULD be a sleeper fight that turns out exciting, but odds are Alvarez just makes Shane look terrible. That is sad too, because Shane really was great at one time. Too bad it just wasn't when he actually fought Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Im a Canelo fan since he started fighting on Tv Azteca and he is Mexican so he make me feel proud :laugh: im not such a Chavez jr fan. But I think Mosleys speed could be dangerous. Canelo hits hard though maybe he can be the first to knock Mosley out.

rockdawg21 04-04-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 188301)

LOL, c'mon JB, you saw the fight with Cotto/Margarito. With the sloppy punches Margarito was throwing, how the heck could he batter and bruise Cotto's face so bad without the loaded gloves? I've studied it a few times and he wasn't throwing a ton of power shots and he made Cotto quit due to swelling. I could be wrong, but not usually :laugh:

Ok, I give you that, but I still think being the tremendous offensive fighter that is Pac and it took him 12 rounds to finish Cotto, even Mayweather's best offense wouldn't be able to actually finish Cotto. But yes, a win is a win and he gets paid.

rearnakedchoke 04-04-2012 05:46 PM

floyd is gonna school cotto .. then he is gonna have his own float at the puerto rican day parade in june ...

JavierDLC 04-04-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 188308)
floyd is gonna school cotto .. then he is gonna have his own float at the puerto rican day parade in june ...

LoL wouldnt doub it !!! That would be awesome!! :laugh:

rockdawg21 04-04-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 188308)

:laugh::laugh::laugh: