Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Ohh The Irony Pacquiao "accused of housing a fugitive & tax evasion in the Philippin" (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9291)

JavierDLC 03-13-2012 07:08 PM

Ohh The Irony Pacquiao "accused of housing a fugitive & tax evasion in the Philippin"
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...ugitive_031212

"Pacquiao has been accused of housing a fugitive former politician under investigation in connection with a stolen car racket and, in a separate incident, could reportedly face two years imprisonment after tax officials started proceedings against him for contempt."

I guess they have more in common than people think.

Manny should have taken the Fight this May. Floyd would kick his Little @$$ and he could have made Millions. He could have been ready for his Vacation..... both of them.

Bella79 03-13-2012 07:09 PM

:unsure-1: The sound of crickets.. As we await Rockdawg to come on this thread......:w00t:

JavierDLC 03-13-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella79 (Post 187190)
:unsure-1: The sound of crickets.. As we await Rockdawg to come on this thread......:w00t:

:laugh: 1.... 2..... 3....

Bella79 03-13-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 187193)
:laugh: 1.... 2..... 3....

When he gets wind of this uh oh.. He loves him some Pacman and Filipinos!! bwahaaaaa

J.B. 03-13-2012 10:55 PM

Honestly, not surprising one bit. Guess it wasn't much of a story when Pac was running with shady Pinoy politicians years ago....:laugh:

The chickens always come home to roost....:wink:

rockdawg21 03-17-2012 06:39 AM

Truncated reply, LOL, nothing will come from either accusation, you'll see.

Oh, and BTW, nice misleading title by Martin Rogers. Pac has not been accused of tax evasion and the accusation of him housing a criminal was made by a journalist who might as well be writing for Globe. If you go catch Espejo's articles, he's always trying to stir the pot with Pacquiao: http://www.mindanews.com/author/edwin-g-espejo/

Anyways, you guys have fun with this. Like I said, nothing is going to come from this, but it makes for interesting news (not to mention twists in facts by American journalists).

J.B. 03-17-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 (Post 187401)
Truncated reply, LOL, nothing will come from either accusation, you'll see.

Oh, and BTW, nice misleading title by Martin Rogers. Pac has not been accused of tax evasion and the accusation of him housing a criminal was made by a journalist who might as well be writing for Globe. If you go catch Espejo's articles, he's always trying to stir the pot with Pacquiao: http://www.mindanews.com/author/edwin-g-espejo/

Anyways, you guys have fun with this. Like I said, nothing is going to come from this, but it makes for interesting news (not to mention twists in facts by American journalists).

Martin Rogers is notoriously douchey, and he's done it to Floyd too, but there is an issue with Pac and his taxes and it's been documented that he's had some issues with knowing exactly how much money he is making (which speaks to other issues with his boxing career). As for the claim of housing a fugitive, I don't read much into that at this point and frankly it could be total BS, but my point is mostly that Pac shouldn't be viewed as this squeaky clean angel as most of the media have painted him in recent history. There have been a lot of little transgressions with Pac that have fallen by the wayside in reporting while painting Floyd as the devil.

rockdawg21 03-17-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 187402)
Martin Rogers is notoriously douchey, and he's done it to Floyd too, but there is an issue with Pac and his taxes and it's been documented that he's had some issues with knowing exactly how much money he is making (which speaks to other issues with his boxing career). As for the claim of housing a fugitive, I don't read much into that at this point and frankly it could be total BS, but my point is mostly that Pac shouldn't be viewed as this squeaky clean angel as most of the media have painted him in recent history. There have been a lot of little transgressions with Pac that have fallen by the wayside in reporting while painting Floyd as the devil.

To keep it simple, the BIR just wants to verify some documents from Pac. Basically, Pac has already paid taxes through the IRS for his fights in the U.S., and therefore, the BIR can't tax him. As to why it's been nearly a year and they're just now filing the contempt, I'd say they've been more than patient with him and he'd better get on the ball, but once he submits everything, they'll leave him alone.

J.B. 03-17-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 (Post 187410)
To keep it simple, the BIR just wants to verify some documents from Pac. Basically, Pac has already paid taxes through the IRS for his fights in the U.S., and therefore, the BIR can't tax him. As to why it's been nearly a year and they're just now filing the contempt, I'd say they've been more than patient with him and he'd better get on the ball, but once he submits everything, they'll leave him alone.

Im sure your right and it's not nearly as bad as the media makes it seem, but that's how it is with the media, dirt sells. Same goes for Floyd. After his arrest they tried to make it seem like he would actually be going to prison for 30 years. :laugh:

rockdawg21 03-17-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 187416)
Im sure your right and it's not nearly as bad as the media makes it seem, but that's how it is with the media, dirt sells. Same goes for Floyd. After his arrest they tried to make it seem like he would actually be going to prison for 30 years. :laugh:

LOL, Floyd made himself into the bad boy image and it's done well for him financially, but it does create other problems; of course, some of the stuff he does, it's like he's either dumb, bored, having fun, or REALLY trying to portray the bad boy image, who knows?

As for Filipinos, there are a lot of them who are jealous of Pac's success. To me, it's really funny that he is the richest person in the Filipino Congress considering he's just a boxer.

In the case of both guys, like Biggie, P. Diddy, and Ma$e say...Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.