Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   dating an unsaved girl (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9234)

Vizion 02-28-2012 10:54 PM

dating an unsaved girl

I must get this off my chest. I don't have anyone to talk to about it but dating this girl has been nothing short of hurting my walk with God.

She's a nice person, but very secular and she's pulled me into things I don't/can't agree with and I've become weak. :cry: (My fault, not hers)

Tonight I plan to end the relationship, but I feel sad about it because I like her and she likes me and sadly, we work together which means I have to still see her around a lot.

Any advice, wisdom, counsel?

Bella79 02-28-2012 10:57 PM

How serious is it? Like going to the movies every now n then or actually seeing each other out of work more than 2x a week?

rearnakedchoke 02-28-2012 11:17 PM

i think you should still try and bring her to Christ ... you breaking up with her might show her you are turning your back on her ... if you truly believe, your will won't grow weaker, but probably stronger ....

Vizion 02-29-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bella79 (Post 186408)
How serious is it? Like going to the movies every now n then or actually seeing each other out of work more than 2x a week?

Not sure, good question ... we have a connection, but she is really jaded from prior relationships as well. I probably have not been a great witness to her either :cry:

Vizion 02-29-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 186412)
i think you should still try and bring her to Christ ... you breaking up with her might show her you are turning your back on her ... if you truly believe, your will won't grow weaker, but probably stronger ....

You're right ... but I have to be honest with her too and I fear after tonight she won't allow me to see her again :sad:

VCURamFan 02-29-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 186412)

I disagree, RNC. "Missionary dating" is really dangerous & the Bible specifically warns against it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2 Corinthians 6:14-6
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God.

Vizion, I'm certainly not saying it'll be easy, but take this opportunity to hide yourself in God's arms. Take every pain directly to Him and pour out your heart to Him. Spend time in His Word looking to Him for your comfort. He's the only one who can give you the peace you desire.

And RNC's right: don't turn your back on this girl. Be absolutely upfront with her ("I really like you, but I can't date someone who's not a Christian"). Maybe God has put you in her life to be a witness & this is the catalyst He has chosen. But do not jeopardize your faith for any reason whatsoever.

MattHughesRocks 02-29-2012 04:50 AM

Vizion, you get the dunce hat for this one! I know you knew better.What were you thinking playing with fire like that anyway?! No sympathy here dude.
Do what Ben says...Ben...dig your sig :laugh:

Vizion 02-29-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186422)
I disagree, RNC. "Missionary dating" is really dangerous & the Bible specifically warns against it:

Vizion, I'm certainly not saying it'll be easy, but take this opportunity to hide yourself in God's arms. Take every pain directly to Him and pour out your heart to Him. Spend time in His Word looking to Him for your comfort. He's the only one who can give you the peace you desire.

And RNC's right: don't turn your back on this girl. Be absolutely upfront with her ("I really like you, but I can't date someone who's not a Christian"). Maybe God has put you in her life to be a witness & this is the catalyst He has chosen. But do not jeopardize your faith for any reason whatsoever.

Thanks Ben .... I needed to hear that. SIGH - I made a mistake this time :sad:

Vizion 02-29-2012 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks (Post 186447)
Vizion, you get the dunce hat for this one! I know you knew better.What were you thinking playing with fire like that anyway?! No sympathy here dude.
Do what Ben says...Ben...dig your sig :laugh:

I did know better. I let her beauty captivate me. :sad:

Bonnie 02-29-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186422)

Such wise counsel! :)