Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Act of Valor (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9221)

VCURamFan 02-25-2012 02:14 AM

Act of Valor

Go see it. Just go.

Bonnie 02-25-2012 09:12 AM

I definitely want to see this one especially since real Seals are in it.

VCURamFan 02-25-2012 01:24 PM

I still can't talk much about this movie without getting a little teary-eyed, but it's one that all patriots must watch.

TexasRN 02-26-2012 02:31 AM

I have been afraid it would be weird. And not in a good way. But if you say it's a must-see, I'll go.

~Amy

VCURamFan 02-26-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 186277)
I have been afraid it would be weird. And not in a good way. But if you say it's a must-see, I'll go.

~Amy

The entire theater was silent as we filed out afterwards.

Silverback 02-26-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186293)

Yes it was Ben, Shane and Trevor went with me yesterday and seen it, and the thing that came to my mind was, these losers in Washington should be ashamed of what they dont do and the money they make, really, 10% of them, maybe, would dive on a bomb to protect someone, and they want to cut the pay of the guys that would do it in the blink of the eye. Very strong film, please everyone go see it.:punch::punch::punch:

Bonnie 02-26-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186255)
I still can't talk much about this movie without getting a little teary-eyed, but it's one that all patriots must watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186293)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverback (Post 186294)
Yes it was Ben, Shane and Trevor went with me yesterday and seen it, and the thing that came to my mind was, these losers in Washington should be ashamed of what they dont do and the money they make, really, 10% of them, maybe, would dive on a bomb to protect someone, and they want to cut the pay of the guys that would do it in the blink of the eye. Very strong film, please everyone go see it.:punch::punch::punch:

It sounds like it's one of those that really moves you. If you were teary-eyed, Ben, I'm probably going to be ball'n my eyes out. :unsure:

Bonnie 02-26-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasRN (Post 186277)

~Amy

Weird, how, Amy? :unsure-1:

VCURamFan 02-26-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 186299)
It sounds like it's one of those that really moves you. If you were teary-eyed, Ben, I'm probably going to be ball'n my eyes out. :unsure:

It really hit home for me 'cause my uncle's a Ranger & I know that he's lost at least man this past year.

Bonnie 02-26-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 186302)
It really hit home for me 'cause my uncle's a Ranger & I know that he's lost at least man this past year.

It's got to be so hard when that happens and they still have to keep it together and be prepared to go on to the next battle. When I got to meet Boom last year, we talked a little bit about some of this stuff--the effects and toll it takes on these guys, tour after tour, that constant "fight or flight" mode their minds and bodies are in. God Bless them!