Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Whitney Houston Dead (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9158)

Bonnie 02-12-2012 01:26 AM

Whitney Houston Dead

Just saw this breaking news on CNN that Whitney Houston has died. They don't know yet cause of death or any other details.

So sad that her life got so off track. All that God-given talent, that beautiful voice just gone to waste these many years now. :sad: I can't help but wonder if she had never hooked up with Bobby Brown when she did if her life/career might have stayed on track.

Play The Man 02-12-2012 01:44 AM

:sad:

MattHughesRocks 02-12-2012 05:34 AM

Rest in peace Whitney. Loved her!

Cooking Dude 02-12-2012 10:53 PM

Such a great talent , she will be missed by many

J.B. 02-13-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 185331)
I can't help but wonder if she had never hooked up with Bobby Brown when she did if her life/career might have stayed on track.

I doubt it.

Not to mention she wouldn't have had her only kid, so I'm sure she didn't regret it. They obviously had ups and downs, but clearly they had a lot of love for each other.

MattHughesRocks 02-13-2012 03:04 AM

"Cooking Dude"? Seriously? :huh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooking Dude (Post 185344)
Such a great talent , she will be missed by many

PRShrek 02-13-2012 01:42 PM

Wow. I remember my sister recording ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ off MTV and watching it over and over. The world is so different now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks (Post 185349)
"Cooking Dude"? Seriously? :huh:

Hey! Don’t pick on the new guy!

But seriously, ‘Cooking Dude?’

rearnakedchoke 02-13-2012 02:42 PM

RIP Whitney ...

Bella79 02-13-2012 03:58 PM

Very sad. My heart goes out to her family and fans.
I hope Whitney is now at peace. She had an illness and it was sad to see her go out like this. RIP.

Bonnie 02-13-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 185345)
I doubt it.

Not to mention she wouldn't have had her only kid, so I'm sure she didn't regret it. They obviously had ups and downs, but clearly they had a lot of love for each other.

You can love each other and still be toxic together. It just seems like her life/career turned south after they married. I don't know, maybe she was already into drugs before they hooked up.

I'll never forget when they did that televised tribute to Clive Davis, Whitney was supposed to sing for him, and for some reason, Bobby Brown was on stage too, at one point he goes over and takes her mike from her and starts singing and jumping all over the stage like it was "his" performance. She seemed startled and maybe a little panicked and trying not to show it when he finally gives the mike back to her so she could finish singing. To me it was like he was trying to steal her thunder, her moment. I can't help but wonder if there wasn't some jealousy on his part towards her; sometimes when the woman is more famous and successful, the man's ego can't take it. And wasn't he abusive towards her? :unsure: When they did that reality show, it didn't look like he was very respectful or nice to her.