Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Ideas (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Forum access issues (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9119)

wavetar 02-02-2012 10:01 AM

Forum access issues

So has anyone else been having serious issues accessing the forums for the past 7-10 days? I keep getting a 'database error' multiple times per day...I try again later on & suddenly it's working for a bit. I thought maybe NateR cleaning up the spam accounts might be the fix, but it's still happening. I hadn't seen an announcement or comments from members, other than Flo and Javier last week, I believe. Just curious if it's being worked on...sometimes I need my MHF fix!

County Mike 02-02-2012 11:25 AM

No, it's been working just fine for me. Must be something with your account.

Kidding - been screwy for a couple days.

VCURamFan 02-02-2012 11:54 AM

Yeah, NateR's been fighting with this spam problem for awhile now. Best we can say is to be patient.

flo 02-02-2012 03:06 PM

Patient? Wazzat? :hissyfit:

wavetar, I am having withdrawal symptoms. I could call up the page but couldn't go anywhere without "data base error" or "contact administrator". Nate must be pulling out his hair and this has to be a nightmare to resolve, the new "accounts" were up to 1800 last night.

These spammers are coming out of the woodwork! :frantics:

VCURamFan 02-02-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 184594)
Patient? Wazzat? :hissyfit:

wavetar, I am having withdrawal symptoms. I could call up the page but couldn't go anywhere without "data base error" or "contact administrator". Nate must be pulling out his hair and this has to be a nightmare to resolve, the new "accounts" were up to 1800 last night.

These spammers are coming out of the woodwork! :frantics:

I wonder if it's possible for NateR to just suspend all registrations for a little while until the spammers lose interest. Post something on the main page apologizing for the inconvienence, but explaining the need to stop Anonymous from destroying us for supporting SOPA? :scared0011: :laugh:

flo 02-02-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 184595)
I wonder if it's possible for NateR to just suspend all registrations for a little while until the spammers lose interest. Post something on the main page apologizing for the inconvienence, but explaining the need to stop Anonymous from destroying us for supporting SOPA? :scared0011: :laugh:

:laugh: Sounds like a plan!

Silverback 02-05-2012 06:22 PM

Forum access issues, my butt, try not having a account to access.:tongue0011::tongue0011::tongue0011:

twinsmama 02-06-2012 12:25 AM

Me too. Finally back on. Boy I've missed you guys!

Silverback 02-06-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinsmama (Post 184809)
Me too. Finally back on. Boy I've missed you guys!

Hello mama...............:Whistle::Whistle::blink: