Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   travel prayer (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9055)

Conrad 01-21-2012 06:05 AM

travel prayer

ok, I've been trying to get this phrased right in my head for a few days, because I don't wanna share all the details.

I'm finally getting a vacation, & not just a day off. I'm taking 2 weeks plus today. I'm traveling, but not to lay on a beach. My car has been in generally bad shape, but the mechanic said it would be ok for a long distance trip. Let's just say that I need to get to where I'm going. I'm expected there.

So, first, please pray that my car will get me to where I'm going. Second, I'm supposed to be of some use to others this vacation, so pray for that too. If you wanna pray that it makes it home too, great! Thanks. If it doesn't make it home, I can find another means to return. I'll be leaving Saturday morning, the 21st, for part of the drive out, and driving the second part out on Sunday.

Third, on the way there and back, I'll be stopping off with some unbelievers who have been through some life-events that might have them open to the Gospel. Please pray for that. I need an opportunity to plant seeds at least. These people generally tough cookies.

Thanks

Bonnie 01-21-2012 02:58 PM

Praying that you have a safe journey there and back, Conrad, and that the seeds you plant will be fruitful. :)

Conrad 01-21-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 183997)
Praying that you have a safe journey there and back, Conrad, and that the seeds you plant will be fruitful. :)

Thanks Bonnie.

Fell asleep last night before drying the last 2 loads, to packing is way behind. Waiting for the last bits... Saw your post in my e-mail.

/sigh...

Glad I have flexible time at this point :)

Vizion 01-22-2012 07:08 AM

Praying Conrad - no prayer returns void.

The seeds you plant will grow in one way or another!

flo 01-22-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Yes, the same here, Conrad.

Conrad 02-10-2012 06:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizion (Post 184021)
Praying Conrad - no prayer returns void.

The seeds you plant will grow in one way or another!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 184028)
Yes, the same here, Conrad.

THanks guys! I got to my pit-stop coming back and the car made it through the mountains! I appreciate your prayers. God had blessed the mechanic before this trip!

Sorry I didn't get back to you all sooner, but I was accidentally deleted with a bunch of spam accounts. :( :ashamed: No hard feelings, but it made for a good laugh. All my old posts now have "Guest" as my title. After re-registering, Nate had to find me among the flood of spam registrations. His wheel was scrolling as fast as it could. :) My handful of PM's, contact list, whatever, is all gone! Lol. It wasn't much, but there was a note from boomer that was a good memory every time it flashed on my profile. Ha.

Thanks Dave, for mentioning me on your video. Since no one knows who Conrad is (aside from here), it's like being secretly famous! The car ran well!

The time with the tough audience went well, both directions. Well, better on the return leg. I was there for several days and not just an overnight.
My ultimate destination was fruitful too, I think. I don't wanna say much about what kind of things happened where I went because it involves other people's personal things. But, I think I was used a little bit to help others spiritually. I traveled to find some peaceful time and see what would happen, not with big, heavy-handed agendas. Spending time to "love on" the tough audience, on the return leg, has shown some cracks happening. That's a good thing. No gospel explained, but there is interest growing.

----------------------------------------------

So, Bonnie, Flo, Viz, (Dave?) This is for you:

{I typed out a "little" detail for you three about how the actual trip went, not just the tough audience at the pit stop. Can't find how to do PM's anymore either. Ehh...no one asked & it's a bit odd to blather it in public. I can tell if you wanna know (save to scratch file). Here's the tail end of what I wrote.}

...yes, there were seeds planted on the trip including the travel stops :)

Thanks for praying me there and back. :happydancing: God has answered in spades.

( My church, for now, just put me on the calendar to speak about my trip. Of course, they didn't tell me I was on the calendar. I found out by accident. Not-informing me is SOP around here. What am I gonna tell them about this trip?? Ugh. )