Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   UFC Vet Foster Added to Bellator Season 6 Welterweight Tourney (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8960)

VCURamFan 01-05-2012 07:21 PM

UFC Vet Foster Added to Bellator Season 6 Welterweight Tourney

From Sherdog.com:
http://www.cdn.sherdog.com/thumbnail...2_IMG_6196.JPG

Quote:

Before medical troubles cut short his Octagon run, Brian Foster was pegged by some pundits as a future UFC welterweight contender. Now, heíll have the chance to go for gold in another organization.

Foster will make his Bellator Fighting Championships debut in the opening round of the companyís sixth-season 170-pound tournament, event sources Thursday confirmed to Sherdog.com.

The eight-man welterweight field now stands at half capacity, with Foster joining previously announced participants Karl Amoussou, War Machine and Carlos ďIndioĒ Pereira. Bellatorís sixth season begins March 2 and airs live on MTV2, though the start date for the welterweight bracket is currently unknown.

Despite riding a two-fight win streak with decisive victories over Matt Brown and Forrest Petz, 27-year-old Foster was medically released by the UFC in September after suffering a brain hemorrhage and a burst testicle in separate training incidents. In October, the Oklahoma native returned from a 10-month hiatus and notched a pair of first-round submissions against British standout Jack Mason and Midwestern vet LaVerne Clark.

Foster, who has yet to go the distance in 23 professional fights, signed with Bellator in November and immediately set his sights on the promotionís welterweight ace.

ďIím getting that belt,Ē Foster said. ďI want to fight the best. I want to fight Ben Askren and take home that belt. I ran through my last two opponents and Iím better than Iíve ever been. Iím very happy to be a part of Bellator and Iím coming for the top spot.Ē In addition to a title shot, the winner of Bellatorís sixth-season welterweight tourney will earn $100,000 in total pay.

Miss Foxy 01-05-2012 07:43 PM

Foxy don't like him.Have a nice career in Bellator..Bwwawaahhh

Vizion 01-05-2012 07:45 PM

Burst testicle :scared0011:

Tyburn 01-05-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 182539)
Foxy don't like him.Have a nice career in Bellator..Bwwawaahhh

Why dont you like him :huh:

Granted he came across a little...er...moody maybe when I met him...but it was about two days after a loss...but I thought he was alright...and I am an Excellent judge of character :cool::laugh:

I dont know anything about a brain haemorage or...well whatever went wrong with...None of that I knew.

Miss Foxy 01-05-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 182549)
Why dont you like him :huh:

Granted he came across a little...er...moody maybe when I met him...but it was about two days after a loss...but I thought he was alright...and I am an Excellent judge of character :cool::laugh:

I dont know anything about a brain haemorage or...well whatever went wrong with...None of that I knew.

When he was going thru his medical problems I told him to have faith and he blasted out at me.... I told him it's better he is alive then dead and he didn't like that.. Just don't care for him after he lashed out. I understand he wanted to fight and I get it... However when someone goes out of their way to pray for you and your mean about it well you can kiss it..

Llamafighter 01-05-2012 08:42 PM

I wish him well! I'm sure if he wins the tourney he'll be back in the UFC in no time! what better way for the UFC to downplay Bellator's best then to have one of their vets go over and whoop em.
Foster is exciting to watch and was nice when I met him at 123. He was coming off a great win at the time , but seemed like a decent guy.

Tyburn 01-06-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 182552)
When he was going thru his medical problems I told him to have faith and he blasted out at me.... I told him it's better he is alive then dead and he didn't like that.. Just don't care for him after he lashed out. I understand he wanted to fight and I get it... However when someone goes out of their way to pray for you and your mean about it well you can kiss it..

Oh...well he didnt lash out at me when I asked him the morning after the night before what he had learned from his first UFC loss :ashamed::laugh:

I have no idea of his spiritual state...that might be more to do with it...coz sometimes I get very strange answers when I ask fighters if they want to be placed on my prayer rota...sometimes its unusually hostile...and at those times I choose to add them whether they like it or not, because they evidently need it even if they dont want it.

Ulternatively it could have been coz of the Heamorage...Not meaning to be funny, but that sort of injury can leave permanent issues...and depending on WHERE the bleed out occured, it could conceivably effect someones character.

Miss Foxy 01-06-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 182665)
Oh...well he didnt lash out at me when I asked him the morning after the night before what he had learned from his first UFC loss :ashamed::laugh:

I have no idea of his spiritual state...that might be more to do with it...coz sometimes I get very strange answers when I ask fighters if they want to be placed on my prayer rota...sometimes its unusually hostile...and at those times I choose to add them whether they like it or not, because they evidently need it even if they dont want it.

Ulternatively it could have been coz of the Heamorage...Not meaning to be funny, but that sort of injury can leave permanent issues...and depending on WHERE the bleed out occured, it could conceivably effect someones character.

Very true indeed.. Don't get me wrong I don't wish him bad... I just particulary don't care for him that's me. The guy could win a Nobel Peace Prize and it would not change my outcome. I am very passionate I like or don't like... lol... But thanks for sharing the info as always Dave.:wink:

County Mike 01-06-2012 05:14 PM

OUCH!!

flo 01-06-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vizion (Post 182542)
Burst testicle :scared0011:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...ticons/gaa.png