Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   MMA (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Sherk mistaken for drug kingpin! LOL (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8870)

Tyburn 12-17-2011 11:47 AM

Sherk mistaken for drug kingpin! LOL

:laugh:

As he was being ferried into the area, the car he was travelling in was stopped by a roadblock and armed police swooped on the vehicle. Police had the vehicle on their database as being linked to a local man who they believe to be a key gangland figure.

Sherk thought the car was being subjected to a routine stop until it turned out to involve several carloads of police officers carrying automatic weapons, including Hechler and Koch MP5 machine guns the UK police do not normally carry guns.

Having remained sat in his passenger seat because he had not understood an instruction to exit the vehicle, Sherk was dragged out by tense officers. They cuffed his hands behind his back and pulled him away where he was none too gently searched before being dumped on the floor.

They found no drugs so they let him go

Crisco 12-17-2011 02:34 PM

truck loads of cops with sub machine guns for one guy?

Pfft Panzies.

Tyburn 12-17-2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco (Post 180987)

Pfft Panzies.

Probably the British Transport Police...because the normal Police who are in the Special Oporations, dont usually have sub machine guns...and the MOD police only carry pea shooters...honnestly...ive seen bigger guns owned by forum members then what they use to guard our military bases with :laugh:

So I am betting it was the British Transport Police because they are almost always armed and I saw them in the weeks after the 2005 london Bombings in the Rail Stations with machine guns :unsure:

As for Sean Sherk...sorry...but anyone knows the first thing they ask you to do in the US is to get out of the car...so that should have been obvious...secondly...how could he NOT understand the commands...He speaks English doesnt he???? :laugh: Did he think they were pissing around or something :rolleyes:

Finally...How Embarissing :ashamed: Proof that actually MMA is not mainstream in England coz, I'm sorry, but how you could mistaken Sean Sherk for anyone else is beyond me :blink:

I think they thought he was a head of an organised crime synidcate. England doesnt usually suffer from gangs in the sence of being armed...we do have drug treffikers of course...but I gather they thought he could have been head of one of the true criminal gangs...there have been problems with Biker Gangs...including, for the first time in recorded history, an attack in the form of a drive by shooting of a member of the Hells Angels bike club :unsure-1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG8sWxXOsAE

They probably thought he was someone high up in something like that, and thus might have a lot of friends close by...also...the British police love "dawn raids" which are always overkill....they send about twenty armed officers into a suspects home at the crack of dawn...its probably the only fun they get :laugh:

NateR 12-18-2011 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 181000)
As for Sean Sherk...sorry...but anyone knows the first thing they ask you to do in the US is to get out of the car...

Actually I think they usually tell you to place your hands on the steering wheel and stay in your vehicle. Trying to get out of your car is usually seen as a threatening gesture. I've never been arrested, though, so I can't be sure.

So, Sherk wasn't actually guilty of any drug related offense? If so, then the title of this thread comes dangerously close to libel.

Tyburn 12-18-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 181044)
Actually I think they usually tell you to place your hands on the steering wheel and stay in your vehicle. Trying to get out of your car is usually seen as a threatening gesture. I've never been arrested, though, so I can't be sure.

So, Sherk wasn't actually guilty of any drug related offense? If so, then the title of this thread comes dangerously close to libel.

Well...they arrested him for being a criminal/drugs baron.

Please feel free to change the title to "sherk accused of doing drugs...again" if you so wish :mellow: I'm not sure if they ever actually discovered who he was, or simply let him go when they couldnt instantly proove what they held him at gunpoint for :blink:

F34R 12-18-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco (Post 180987)

Pfft Panzies.

It's called a deterrent.

Tyburn 12-18-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F34R (Post 181049)
It's called a deterrent.

suntereo 12-18-2011 08:48 PM

i'd want a gun if i had to go against sherk...... or platform shoes so he couldnt reach me.

Neezar 12-19-2011 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suntereo (Post 181073)
i'd want a gun if i had to go against sherk...... or platform shoes so he couldnt reach me.

That's terrible!

(but funny, lol)

MattHughesRocks 12-19-2011 04:13 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by suntereo (Post 181073)