Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Tuff 14.5 (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8690)

GnP 10-20-2011 09:49 AM

Tuff 14.5
 
Good fight, but was never going to live up to the hype. Guess its easy to give advice when your team is winning because all mayhem shouted round two was get up (something many have criticised Bisping on here for :) )

Bisping also won the prank wars by a landslide.

Really think Miller should control his team better but each to there own. Be interesting to see how the fights go now Bisping has the picks.

F34R 10-20-2011 10:17 AM

That was clearly a tap, but like Dana said, "whatcha gonna do...?"

VCURamFan 10-20-2011 03:26 PM

Both coaches needed to control their teams better, but what I don't understand is why Bisping suddenly got in Parsons' face & started jawing at him. For a guy who's usually so wild & crazy, Mayhem did a good job of keeping cool, I thought. He bodily lifted Akira off, but then instead of holding him in a bear hug, which could have caused Akira to fight back to get away, he quickly eased his grip & once Akira relaxed, he let him go completely. Then after seperating Parsons & Bisping, he stood there as Bisping flustered & fumed. He then quickly was able to laugh it off, finish the selection & move along. Even as Bisping tried to pick a fight with him ("It's our training time, get the f*** out", chasing him down the gym, yelling & screaming at the top of his lungs), Jason just simply walked away with his team.

The fight looked exactly like the previous four, except this time blue was on top instead of orange. The one difference between the way the two coaches cornered the losing fighter is that Bisping would yell "GET THE F*** UP!!!", whereas Mayhem would actually offer technical advice "We need to grapple here. Use that knee to push away & stand up." While the goal was the same, Michael did nothing to help his fighter get there. As someone who has competed multiple times, having a coach tell you "Get your guard back" is really frustrating when you're being smothered in side control. Having your coach then break it down to, "Turn into him, get your shoulders & hips off the mat. Block the cross face. Drive your knee in. Now hip away & make space." makes a world of difference.

Bisping's team definitely did great with this prank. :laugh:

GnP 10-20-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 177997)
Both coaches needed to control their teams better, but what I don't understand is why Bisping suddenly got in Parsons' face & started jawing at him. For a guy who's usually so wild & crazy, Mayhem did a good job of keeping cool, I thought. He bodily lifted Akira off, but then instead of holding him in a bear hug, which could have caused Akira to fight back to get away, he quickly eased his grip & once Akira relaxed, he let him go completely. Then after seperating Parsons & Bisping, he stood there as Bisping flustered & fumed. He then quickly was able to laugh it off, finish the selection & move along. Even as Bisping tried to pick a fight with him ("It's our training time, get the f*** out", chasing him down the gym, yelling & screaming at the top of his lungs), Jason just simply walked away with his team.

The fight looked exactly like the previous four, except this time blue was on top instead of orange. The one difference between the way the two coaches cornered the losing fighter is that Bisping would yell "GET THE F*** UP!!!", whereas Mayhem would actually offer technical advice "We need to grapple here. Use that knee to push away & stand up." While the goal was the same, Michael did nothing to help his fighter get there. As someone who has competed multiple times, having a coach tell you "Get your guard back" is really frustrating when you're being smothered in side control. Having your coach then break it down to, "Turn into him, get your shoulders & hips off the mat. Block the cross face. Drive your knee in. Now hip away & make space." makes a world of difference.

Bisping's team definitely did great with this prank. :laugh:



Think he got in parsons face because when bisping separates the fighters he takes millers fighter away and gives him sound advice "dont get yourself kicked off the show think about what the beep you are doing" (as it was millers fighter that started the brawl. Parsons then walks up to bisping and rather than thank him and take over the first thing he says is don't put your beeping hands on him. Miller then walks over and makes the situation much worse by shoving bisping. The brawl was totally Millers guys fault for kicking off during the stare down and miller made it much worse before he tried to then come off as the better guy.

Totally agree with you re the advice I have been on the bottom and had get up screamed at me, its about as useful as screaming heal when you cut yourself. But must admit all I heard Miller say was push off get of the cage get up. Either way fight wise best season in a long time

County Mike 10-21-2011 11:29 AM

I had the benefit of reading this before watching so I could look for a few things.

The tap: Wasn't what I would call obvious, but it looked like he started to tap, then changed his mind. If Neece (or whatever his name is) released the hold because he thought Akira tapped, it's his own fault. Wait until the ref stops you. I'm not saying crank it harder to blow out the knee, but maintain pressure until you know it's over.

Miller's advice was better than Bispings. There were times when he was just saying "You need to get up" but several times he gave more specific instructions on how to get up. I heard him talking about creating space with the knee, turning into him, higher guard, etc. That type of cornering is MUCH more useful than just screaming "Get the F- Up!".

I'm also surprised the judges didn't have that one round each and go to a third. Well, from what I've seen from judges, I'm not really THAT surprised. I had it at one round each.

The prank was so basic, I can't believe Miller fell for it.

Neezar 10-21-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnP (Post 177976)
Good fight, but was never going to live up to the hype. Guess its easy to give advice when your team is winning because all mayhem shouted round two was get up (something many have criticised Bisping on here for :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by GnP (Post 178027)
Totally agree with you re the advice I have been on the bottom and had get up screamed at me, its about as useful as screaming heal when you cut yourself. But must admit all I heard Miller say was push off get of the cage get up. Either way fight wise best season in a long time


Well that didn't work out well, did it?
:laugh:

VCURamFan 10-21-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 178044)
I had the benefit of reading this before watching so I could look for a few things.

The tap: Wasn't what I would call obvious, but it looked like he started to tap, then changed his mind. If Neece (or whatever his name is) released the hold because he thought Akira tapped, it's his own fault. Wait until the ref stops you. I'm not saying crank it harder to blow out the knee, but maintain pressure until you know it's over.

The prank was so basic, I can't believe Miller fell for it.

I agree with everything you said. I mean, in jits you're conditioned to let go of your buddies arm the moment he taps so you don't destroy your training partner, but a professional fighter should know better when he's inside the cage.

And no matter how basic the prank, getting your car towed is certainly better than filling a room with tires. :laugh:

VCURamFan 10-21-2011 04:36 PM

Here's what Akira has to say about it:
Quote:

"I was almost gassed just walking into the cage. Whatever, I'm a professional and I got the job done. I had double vision the whole fight. I actually don't remember anything from that fight. I just remember two things. One is the knockdown. The other was that when he had me in a heel hook it wasn't there. It wasn't in. If you watch the video again you see my knee pop out because he slipped. He lost his grip. I was thinking 'holy he's got it!' I changed my mind the moment he slipped. I've watched it maybe 100 times and I know for myself that I never tapped. Herb Dean has refereed thousands of fights and he didn't see a clear tap. Usually it's a horror scene when somebody taps from a heel hook. People start screaming and crying. I raised my hand and tapped one time on his thigh but it wasn't one of those dramatic taps like a metal drummer. It slipped out and I just went up on him. I would be honest and say I tapped if I did. I know the feeling that went through my body saying 'this is going to hurt, I'm going to tap.' But then I got out. One hit and then I'm out."
Here's a gif of the tap:
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_as...6/1_medium.gif

County Mike 10-21-2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

"I was almost gassed just walking into the cage. Whatever, I'm a professional and I got the job done. I had double vision the whole fight. I actually don't remember anything from that fight. I just remember two things. One is the knockdown. The other was that when he had me in a heel hook it wasn't there. It wasn't in. If you watch the video again you see my knee pop out because he slipped. He lost his grip. I was thinking 'holy •••• he's got it!' I changed my mind the moment he slipped. I've watched it maybe 100 times and I know for myself that I never tapped. Herb Dean has refereed thousands of fights and he didn't see a clear tap. Usually it's a horror scene when somebody taps from a heel hook. People start screaming and crying. I raised my hand and tapped one time on his thigh but it wasn't one of those dramatic taps like a metal drummer. It slipped out and I just went up on him. I would be honest and say I tapped if I did. I know the feeling that went through my body saying 'this is going to hurt, I'm going to tap.' But then I got out. One hit and then I'm out."
So, he's saying that he tapped but he didn't REALLY tap. Total Bullschmidt. He admits he tapped, I'm now saying that he definitely tapped.

VCURamFan 10-21-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 178066)
So, he's saying that he tapped but he didn't REALLY tap. Total Bullschmidt. He admits he tapped, I'm now saying that he definitely tapped.

Yeah, I agree that he tapped, but it's not official unless the ref pulls you off.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.