Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Slumdog Millionaire (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857)

Bonnie 03-15-2009 07:03 PM

Slumdog Millionaire

We saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. I understand why it won so big at the Academy Awards recently. Really, really good movie.

Primadawn 03-15-2009 08:17 PM

I still haven't seen it. I feel like such a loser...:unsure:

TexasRN 03-15-2009 08:36 PM

I will have to watch it now, thanks Bonnie. The peer pressure around here is killing me.:laugh:

~Amy

Bonnie 03-15-2009 09:23 PM

I don't know if some of what they show is all "fictional" to life over there or if it's based in fact. :unsure-1: I don't want to ruin it for y'all so I won't say much; we can discuss it more after y'all have seen it.

There is one part at the beginning that was funny (and disgusting); y'all will know what I'm talking about when you see it. But it also touched my heart.

Llamafighter 03-15-2009 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie
We saw Slumdog Millionaire yesterday. I understand why it won so big at the Academy Awards recently. Really, really good movie.

I agree, it was a fantastic movie!!

rearnakedchoke 03-16-2009 11:10 AM

well, being of indian descent, i also liked the movie ... but it was far from well-received by the indian communiity .... and i totally disagree ... for them, mumbai is such a large city, and this is just one small part of it ... not all of india is like that, so they firgured a lot of people think the whole place is like that ... for me, i could care less .... i liked it .. but i guess it was like how a lot of cubans didn't like scarface when it first came out as it made them all look like criminals .. whatever though, good movie ...

Bonnie 03-16-2009 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
well, being of indian descent, i also liked the movie ... but it was far from well-received by the indian communiity .... and i totally disagree ... for them, mumbai is such a large city, and this is just one small part of it ... not all of india is like that, so they firgured a lot of people think the whole place is like that ... for me, i could care less .... i liked it .. but i guess it was like how a lot of cubans didn't like scarface when it first came out as it made them all look like criminals .. whatever though, good movie ...

I wasn't sure how accurate a portrayal it was of life there (Mumbai and how people are treated). The amount of people there is incredible--like China I imagine.

rearnakedchoke 03-16-2009 06:04 PM

Quote:

I wasn't sure how accurate a portrayal it was of life there (Mumbai and how people are treated). The amount of people there is incredible--like China I imagine.

yeah, it is nuts over there ... and i would say it was a fair portrayal of that (slums) part of the city ...

matthughesfan21 03-16-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

I don't know if some of what they show is all "fictional" to life over there or if it's based in fact. :unsure-1: I don't want to ruin it for y'all so I won't say much; we can discuss it more after y'all have seen it.

There is one part at the beginning that was funny (and disgusting); y'all will know what I'm talking about when you see it. But it also touched my heart.

you talking about an autograph perhaps? I liked the movie, it seemed a little long at times, but I thought is was great, I'll definitely rent it and burn it once it comes out:laugh:

que 03-16-2009 09:01 PM

i couldn't get into the movie as it was way too predictable and cliche for me. i was guessing everything 2 minutes before it happened. poor kid grows up in poor city. gets a lucky chance on a game show. wins game show. wins the girl. everybody dances during the end credits. oscars for everyone.

i do like danny boyle though, and i thought the beach was pretty cool