Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Earthquake, anyone? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8469)

VCURamFan 08-23-2011 06:36 PM

Earthquake, anyone?

Richmond just got hit by a 5.9 earthquake, felt in Chapel Hill, N.C., Pittsburgh, PA & NYC.

Anyone else feel the effects of my temper tantrum over possibly missing Matt's fight? :laugh:

Bonnie 08-23-2011 06:41 PM

You're obviously okay! :) Just saw them reporting on it just minutes ago. A man this morning at the gym said there had been a 6.+ in New Mexico and Colorado--haven't seen anything yet on that. What's going on!? :unsure-1:

Twinsmama 08-23-2011 07:00 PM

my sis felt it in baltimore. she said it wasn't bad but she felt it. my cousin in north carolina felt it too

Bonnie 08-23-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinsmama (Post 174567)
my sis felt it in baltimore. she said it wasn't bad but she felt it. my cousin in north carolina felt it too

I heard when they broke in they felt it in NY and the capital, but I didn't hear about North Carolina until I read Ben's post. Seems kind of freaky to have two earthquakes in different parts of the U.S. where we haven't seen them before...at least in my lifetime. :unsure-1:

VCURamFan 08-23-2011 07:19 PM

Colorado had a 5.3 yesterday. Apparently buildings as far north as Ontario were shutting down because of this.

I & my family are fine & I just got a txt from Mark (Llama) asking me "What's shakin?", so I'm assuming he's OK, too. :laugh:

Llamafighter 08-23-2011 07:22 PM

all is well here. some felt it more than others. My wife is only 2 blocks away but really felt it due to being on a higher floor.

we've had a lot of people calling into my department (we're Safety and Security for our company) Philly evacuated.

Bonnie 08-23-2011 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 174569)
Colorado had a 5.3 yesterday. Apparently buildings as far north as Ontario were shutting down because of this.

I & my family are fine & I just got a txt from Mark (Llama) asking me "What's shakin?", so I'm assuming he's OK, too. :laugh:

Oh, Colorado was yesterday... Sorry, just heard about it heresay this morning, didn't see tv yesterday. :wink:

I'm glad all of you are okay. :)

Twinsmama 08-23-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 174569)

:laugh::laugh:

VCURamFan 08-23-2011 08:06 PM

I bet Mike's having time of it right now. Whole slew of airports have been shut down/delayed. Hope he wasn't planning on catching a nap anytime soon!

Twinsmama 08-23-2011 08:07 PM

my aunt lives in alaska and she said they have them all the time. they had 2 5.4's in the last 2 weeks. that 's weird. I'm gonna ask her more about that. I'm curious how often they have them.