Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Gay Marriage a response to New York. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8149)

Chris F 06-27-2011 08:39 PM

Gay Marriage a response to New York.
 
http://southronpartisan.blogspot.com...-my-state.html

This is my response to New York's recent acceptance of Gay Marriage as law.

KENTUCKYREDBONE 06-27-2011 09:04 PM

I don't think they even gave the citizens of New York to vote on it! I think the state Senate just passed it without letting the citizens vote on it!

Buzzard 06-27-2011 09:35 PM

Good for New York.

I couldn't bring myself to read all of your response because the hatred dripping off of it soiled my shoes.

Why don't you concentrate on vilifying all the good religious folk who practice sodomy? How about cleaning out your own closet and staying out of the lives of other people who just wish the same freedoms as everyone else, one being to marry the person whom they love? Why not work on yourself? Could it be because you would rather spend your energy on hate?

Mark 06-27-2011 10:09 PM

I read it all and agree with what he has to say.
Buzzard you are a fool. Do you believe anything in the Bible?
With things like this going on how close are we to the end?
Buzzard what are you going to do when all the christians on earth go to heaven? Whatever you do dont take the mark of the beast!

NateR 06-28-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzard (Post 170362)
Good for New York.

I couldn't bring myself to read all of your response because the hatred dripping off of it soiled my shoes.

Why don't you concentrate on vilifying all the good religious folk who practice sodomy? How about cleaning out your own closet and staying out of the lives of other people who just wish the same freedoms as everyone else, one being to marry the person whom they love? Why not work on yourself? Could it be because you would rather spend your energy on hate?

To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.

bradwright 06-28-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 170366)
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.




and you know this how Nate ?

do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?

NateR 06-28-2011 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradwright (Post 170374)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]


and you know this how Nate ?

do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?

There has been no reliable scientific evidence to support the theory that homosexuality is a genetic trait. I took psychology in college and there was no way to prove it back then, in 2003, and there is still no way to prove it now.

Scientists have been trying to find a biological explanation for homosexuality for decades now, so if a true genetic link had been discovered, then you can rest assured that it would make headline news across the country. That discovery alone would make it nearly impossible to deny gays the right to marry and, with Hollywood and the media so unabashedly supportive of the Gay Rights movement, it would become their rallying cry.

Homosexuality itself is likely nothing more than a mental illness. It was listed as such in medical books until 1973 and was only removed for purely political reasons. So they don't choose to be attracted to the same sex any more than a schizophrenic chooses to be schizophrenic. However, pursuing the homosexual lifestyle is most definitely a choice.

Now, I can already hear you say, "if the attraction is not a choice, then why deny them the right to pursue that attraction?" Well, that's working under the assumption that happiness and true purpose in life can only be found by following our physical desires and that our identity is defined by the act of sexual intercourse. The Bible makes it very clear that that is not the case.

Mark 06-28-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradwright (Post 170374)
[/SIZE][/COLOR]




do you really think that gay people like being bashed all the time and that's why they want to be gay ?

I dont think that we are bashing. Is stating our opinion bashing?

flo 06-28-2011 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 170366)
To sum up the facts:
1. Marriage is not a right guaranteed by the Constitution, thus denying people the "right" to marry is not denying them any of their constitutional rights.
2. The government should not be involved in marriage at all, it should remain a purely religious institution.
3. The federal and state governments have no right to act outside of the will of the people. This country was founded upon the concept of government "of the people, by the people and for the people."
4. Nobody is born gay, there is no reliable scientific evidence to support the idea that homosexuality is a genetic trait passed on from generation to generation.

I agree with all your points but the last one, Nate. As Brad said, why would a person choose to be shunned or worse? I don't believe it's a choice.

flo 06-28-2011 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark (Post 170381)
I dont think that we are bashing. Is stating our opinion bashing?

I'm pretty sure he meant in general, not on the forum.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.