Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Sherlock (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8107)

Play The Man 06-20-2011 11:55 PM

Sherlock

Has anyone seen the BBC show Sherlock? It is a series based on the characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set in modern day London rather than the London of Victorian England. Like the original stories, Watson is a military physician who is a veteran of a campaign in Afghanistan. In the series, he is a blogger living off an Army disability pension due to PTSD. Sherlock is the world's only investigative consultant. Instead of smoking a pipe, he puts on multiple nicotine patches while thinking about a case. The series makes use of modern inventions: cell phones, computers, etc.

I enjoyed it. The series is available on Netflix. They only made 3 episodes of 90 minutes. Reportedly, it has been renewed and more episodes will be made; however, the actor who plays Dr. Watson has been cast as the lead in the new Hobbit film, so I don't know if that will delay the filming of more Sherlock episodes.

Bonnie 06-21-2011 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Play The Man (Post 169806)
Has anyone seen the BBC show Sherlock? It is a series based on the characters of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle set in modern day London rather than the London of Victorian England. Like the original stories, Watson is a military physician who is a veteran of a campaign in Afghanistan. In the series, he is a blogger living off an Army disability pension due to PTSD. Sherlock is the world's only investigative consultant. Instead of smoking a pipe, he puts on multiple nicotine patches while thinking about a case. The series makes use of modern inventions: cell phones, computers, etc.

I enjoyed it. The series is available on Netflix. They only made 3 episodes of 90 minutes. Reportedly, it has been renewed and more episodes will be made; however, the actor who plays Dr. Watson has been cast as the lead in the new Hobbit film, so I don't know if that will delay the filming of more Sherlock episodes.

Just from that line, Play, you've got me wanting to see it! :laugh: We get movies from Netflix--I'm going to see if we can get the 3 episodes. :)

Play The Man 06-21-2011 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 169823)
Just from that line, Play, you've got me wanting to see it! :laugh: We get movies from Netflix--I'm going to see if we can get the 3 episodes. :)

It can be streamed. You don't have to request the actual DVD.

Play The Man 05-06-2012 08:11 PM

Season 2 begins tonight on PBS. The episode is a take-off on "A Scandal in Bohemia".

Bonnie 05-06-2012 11:32 PM

Looking forward to this next series. :) For anyone who has DISH, it's on Chanel 08 playing at 7 p.m. tonight and 1 a.m. (CST) titled "Mystery Masterpiece" on the guide.

Play The Man 05-07-2012 10:45 PM

They turned Irene Adler from an opera singer into a gay dominatrix. :blink: