Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   NBC cuts "Under God" from pledge. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8100)

flo 06-20-2011 03:12 AM

NBC cuts "Under God" from pledge.

Their explanation? "A portion was edited out". Just why was that? No explanation given, of course. Just the usual half-hearted apology to "anyone that was offended". Here's a network actively working to remove God from mention anyway they can. Pathetic and sickening.

But that's how they chose to kick off coverage today of the US Open. How 'bout we "edit" NBC off the airwaves?

Bonnie 06-20-2011 08:31 AM

I guess if it said "Under Muhammad", they wouldn't have dared to edit it out.

KENTUCKYREDBONE 06-20-2011 03:11 PM

I don't even watch nbc!

flo 06-20-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnie (Post 169753)
I guess if it said "Under Muhammad", they wouldn't have dared to edit it out.

You're right, they'd never DARE offend the Muslims. But Christianity is fair game and a constant target.

BamaGrits84 06-20-2011 09:43 PM

NBC = Hand basket

Buzzard 06-21-2011 01:34 AM

:cool: Good for them.

Play The Man 06-21-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzard (Post 169818)

So, you support bowdlerizing speech? How enlightened!:rolleyes:

BamaGrits84 06-21-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzard (Post 169818)

Not to be a B or anything but your comments makes me wish there was a smiley that was burning in hell to post right now.

Gasp - how ungodly of me to say such a thing I know. I'm working on being more like Jesus but I haven't gotten close enough to keep stupid comments like this from pissing me off.

bradwright 06-22-2011 12:10 AM

i know this isn't going to be popular but you guys do realize that "under God"
wasn't in the pledge of allegiance for the first 62 years of its existence...
so maybe NBC was just trying to use the original version.

Spiritwalker 06-22-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradwright (Post 169900)
i know this isn't going to be popular but you guys do realize that "under God"
wasn't in the pledge of allegiance for the first 62 years of its existence...
so maybe NBC was just trying to use the original version.

Nah.. they claim that they want to maintain a netural view.. look what they did to Veggie Tales... (which I love BTW... with the exception of one episode)

NBC controversy

When the show aired on NBC network television in September 2006, VeggieTales episodes were edited to remove most references to God, at the request of the NBC network's standards and practices department. (The religious references remained intact in the closed-captions accompanying each episode.) Notable was the removal of the program's signature sign-off message: "Remember kids, God made you special and He loves you very much."[2] The Christian conservative watch group Parents Television Council complained about the removal to NBC.[3] NBC replied that the editing conformed to the network's broadcast standards of "not to advocate any one religious point of view." Vischer also expressed discontent with the edits, stating that he was not informed that religious content would be removed from the series, and he would have refused to sign a contract if he had known of this beforehand. Vischer said, "I would have declined partly because I knew a lot of fans would feel like it was a sellout or it was done for money."[4] Still, Vischer added that he understood NBC's wish to remain religiously neutral, and said, "VeggieTales is religious, NBC is not. I want to focus people more on 'Isn't it cool that Bob and Larry are on television.'"[5]