Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Are you Kidding me? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=731)

Jonlion 03-08-2009 11:17 PM

Are you Kidding me?

Possible Spoiler of UFC 96

Now i just watched the UFC 96 and what the hell is going on?!

At the last UFC Josh Koschecks fight was ended for that KO, fair enough, i thought he deserved a chance to fight out of it, others on here with good reason stated that it was the right decsion!

Matt Brown v Pete Sell blows that one out of the water!!! Surely we can see why Josh was mad because the difference is startling.

The punishment Sell had to take was unbelieveable and that was a bad refering! What was going on?!

On the other hand, Matt Brown looked amazing, when he went in for the kill a second time, he scared me, how dangerous he looked!

Hey, heres to hoping Hughes does Serra as badly as that one!!!!!!!!!

rockdawg21 03-08-2009 11:26 PM

Yeah, that was pretty messed up. Kos at least landed on his back and got ready, but it was more of a reaction. Both of them were KOed for sure though. Good call on the Kos fight, bad call on the Sell fight.

Brown looked awesome last night!

rearnakedchoke 03-08-2009 11:28 PM

that was horrible reffing .. but lavigne (i think who that was), probably had shades of cecil peoples and said he was gonna let it go on

Jonlion 03-09-2009 12:29 AM

I couldn't believe what happened there and fair play to Brown, he tried! He was exasperated by the whole thing!

Good to see Sell was ok, as it was clear he took a lot of needless punishment.

I thought Sell would be too much for Brown but he really turned it on, liked him on the show, im looking forward to see him in the Octagon again.

bradwright 03-09-2009 12:34 AM

i really liked Brown on the show also,,
and he looks even better now,,

Jonlion 03-09-2009 12:38 AM

The worst thing is the inconsistency, obviously its difficult to set down rigid rules and Refs use discretion but its just too incosistant.

The UFC misses Big John, as far as i remember, Big John got in quickly when needed and knew when a fight was done but also would give every opportunity for the other fighter to recover or defend intelliegently.

Also all the other Refs just lack the natural authority John had with fighters.

Hughes_GOAT 03-09-2009 12:53 AM

i like when refs let it go a little longer

Tyburn 03-09-2009 01:22 AM

forget Koscheck...Arron Riley thinks his fight was stopped early aswell so I hear :ninja:

Maldonado136 03-09-2009 05:03 PM

actually yves is quite consistent in his reffing. he just had an off night it happens.

Maldonado136 03-09-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn
forget Koscheck...Arron Riley thinks his fight was stopped early aswell so I hear :ninja:

now that was just an absurd stoppage.