Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Romans 5:6-11 (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7283)

Rev 03-18-2011 01:49 AM

Romans 5:6-11

I am preaching through Romans and just wanted to bring this to yall.
Read Romans 5:6-11 and tell me in just a few words what you get and how it makes you feel. Have fun and dig deep.

DonnaMaria 03-18-2011 02:05 AM

It brings me great comfort........

and it humbles me......that God would care that deeply for people who are undeserving of His love.

Rev 03-18-2011 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaMaria (Post 158322)
It brings me great comfort........

and it humbles me......that God would care that deeply for people who are undeserving of His love.

:wink:

NateR 03-18-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev (Post 158319)
I am preaching through Romans and just wanted to bring this to yall.
Read Romans 5:6-11 and tell me in just a few words what you get and how it makes you feel. Have fun and dig deep.

I think it illustrates the enormity and inconceivable (in human terms) level of love that GOD has for us.

We can all relate to a person sacrificing their life to protect their family or their homeland, but can't really conceive of a person who would willingly sacrifice his life to save the life of a sworn enemy who hates him.

Jesus didn't die for the righteous, He died for the Adolf Hitlers, the Saddam Husseins, the Osama bin Ladens, the Jeffrey Daumers, the Charles Mansons, the Pol Pots, etc. We were no better than any of those "monsters" before coming to faith in Christ.

DonnaMaria 03-18-2011 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NateR (Post 158324)
I think it illustrates the enormity and inconceivable (in human terms) level of love that GOD has for us.

We can all relate to a person sacrificing their life to protect their family or their homeland, but can't really conceive of a person who would willingly sacrifice his life to save the life of a sworn enemy who hates him.

Jesus didn't die for the righteous, He died for the Adolf Hitlers, the Saddam Husseins, the Osama bin Ladens, the Jeffrey Daumers, the Charles Mansons, the Pol Pots, etc. We were no better than any of those "monsters" before coming to faith in Christ.

Yes, and the enormous love God had for us to give His SON!

His Son! When I think of giving up one of my girls.......I can't bear the thought. :cry:

And when I think of Jesus giving himself up. :cry:And He wasn't fearless. He was scared. He was sad. He felt alone. He felt the betrayal. He felt the angry words of the crowd and the hate. And He could have called down the angles to help Him when He was on the cross, but He didn't.

wow. just wow.

we are nothing. we deserve nothing. and He gave everything to us.

Rev 03-18-2011 03:04 AM

I love the fact that some of the people here read scripture and really READ it. I am trying so hard to push this in my congregation. Most of our older members have been spoon fed by shallow preaching and not challenged for so long they are strugling with it. Thank God our younger generation is picking it up pretty quick. I love it when I get calls during the week from members asking questions about the context of something or what I'm preaching next so they can study it. I have always been nervous about preaching through a book or a series because I always wanted to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead me on what to preach. After ALOT of praying about it, I said that I would try it and boy has the Holy Spirit ever showed up!! It seems like he always brings some great truths out that are perfect for these people at that time. God is amazing like that. I still refuse to be married to the series, if something else is put on my heart, I step out of it for a week or so.

I am breaking down this text in 3 parts as a story of 2 cities:
1. vs6&7 (city called) No Hope

2.vs8&9 (bridge between the 2 cities) God's Amazing Love

3. vs10&11 (city called) New Hope

Alot more depth will be involved but I'm not gonna bore yall with all that. It was pretty awesome because our minister of music called today and let me know that he was going to sing a special(a solo, if you arent up with baptist's lame lingo) before I preached and I asked what it was and he told me it was "Amazing Love (how can it be)" I asked him if he could also do it after I preached and slow it down so we could use it as an invitation.

I hope I'm not Boring yall with all of this because I am pumped about the direction our church is heading in. We are out growing our building VERY quickly, and its not just people moving from other churches. We have had alot of salvations and are Baptizing pretty often. I am pumped and excited that God is letting me be a part of this.

Sorry I posted all this, I just had to get it all out and let someone who would apreciate it know.

Love yall,
God Bless.

DonnaMaria 03-18-2011 03:26 AM

Amazing Love! How perfect!!!!!!:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUO0N...eature=related

Amazing Love
By Rebecca St. James

I'm forgiven,
because You were forsaken,
I'm accepted, You were condemned,
and I'm alive and well your spirit is within me,
because You died and rose again.
(I'm forgiven)
I'm forgiven,
and I'm accepted, You were condemned,

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me?
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
and it's my joy to honor You.
(Amazing love)
Amazing love,
how can it be,
Amazing love,
I know its true,
In all I do I honor You.

Im forgiven,
and I'm accepted, You were condemned,

Amazing love,
how can it be,
that You my king would die for me,
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
(Amazing love)
Amazing love,
how can it be,
Amazing love,
I know it's true,
In all I do I honor You

You are my king,
You are my king,
Jesus You are my king,
Jesus You are my king.

Rev 03-18-2011 03:27 AM

thats the one.
Love it.

TENNESSEAN 03-18-2011 04:45 AM

your not boring anyone rev, dont apologize. it shouldn't always be a debate, its good to just talk about how gods moving in our life sometimes. it may not get 200 post but i bet it got views and made people think. thanks

Rev 03-18-2011 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TENNESSEAN (Post 158357)
your not boring anyone rev, dont apologize. it shouldn't always be a debate, its good to just talk about how gods moving in our life sometimes. it may not get 200 post but i bet it got views and made people think. thanks

lol, thanks
I'd like to hear how he is moving yalls lives as well.