Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rashad leaving Jacksons camp? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7269)

Miss Foxy 03-16-2011 04:58 PM

Rashad leaving Jacksons camp?

Rumors of Rashad Evans possibly leaving the Jackson camp have been running rampant for the past few days, as there seems to have been some tension built up between Evans and teammate Jon Jones. With the possibility of Jon Jones being the UFC light heavyweight champion in a few days, both Evans and Jones have been repeatedly asked about whether the two would be willing to fight one another, and up until recently, it didn't look like it was an option. With both men now warmed up to the idea, and Evans waiting in the wings as the number one contender, he's made it clear just how serious he is.

ďWhatís gonna happen is, the teamís are gonna split apart. If I know thereís a chance Iím training with Jon and Gregís training with Jon, Iím not gonna train with Greg any more, EVER again. Because I need my coach to always be able to coach me no matter who Iím gonna fight. If he canít do that, I donít feel that thereís a use for me having him as my coach.Ē
Is this the end of Rashad Evans training with Greg Jackson? It will all depend on whether Jon Jones becomes the UFC light heavyweight champion this weekend.

Miss Foxy 03-16-2011 04:59 PM

What do ya'll think? I thought Jones and Evans were like BFF's?! Wow, sounds like things are dramatic over there..

Spiritwalker 03-16-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 157990)
What do ya'll think? I thought Jones and Evans were like BFF's?! Wow, sounds like things are dramatic over there..

Dana said in some interview.. "They can't be that close.. they just met a couple of months ago..".. it's on MMA Mania somewhere.

Miss Foxy 03-16-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 157993)
Dana said in some interview.. "They can't be that close.. they just met a couple of months ago..".. it's on MMA Mania somewhere.

Lol I love Dana he thinks like I do! I think it was a brotha' thing.. Rashad seems a little envious that Jones is doing so well.. Just my opinion though.

Spiritwalker 03-16-2011 05:08 PM

I like Jones.. a buddy of mine knows/knew him real well in college and siad he is just a great guy....

That being said...

I don't think he has the experience to handle Shogun... he DOES have the tools.. but not 100% sure he can handle this level.. He really hasn't beaten any top 10 LHWs.. IMO...

JavierDLC 03-16-2011 05:19 PM

I hope they fight so Jones can Knock Him The "F" Out !!!!

:)

Miss Foxy 03-16-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 157998)
I hope they fight so Jones can Knock Him The "F" Out !!!!

:)

lol!! I used to like Rashad until he.....talked about Matt then it was over...He lost my support.. :ashamed: I am still butt-hurt about Bader losing to Jones, because I love Bader! However he did admit he learned a lot about that fight and he promises to work on what he did wrong so all in all I don't hate Jones. He has talent.. I still want to see Shogun pull off the win..

Llamafighter 03-16-2011 05:34 PM

It sounds like the same thing with Diego when GSP came to Jackson's. It's also possible that Rashad is sick to death of people asking about them fighting and just said this out of irritation.
Who knows.

JavierDLC 03-16-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter (Post 158000)
It sounds like the same thing with Diego when GSP came to Jackson's. It's also possible that Rashad is sick to death of people asking about them fighting and just said this out of irritation.
Who knows.

It's also possible that Jones beats his @$$ in training and Rashad is Scared of Jony Bones :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 158000)
lol!! I used to like Rashad until he.....talked about Matt then it was over...He lost my support.. I am still butt-hurt about Bader losing to Jones, because I love Bader! However he did admit he learned a lot about that fight and he promises to work on what he did wrong so all in all I don't hate Jones. He has talent.. I still want to see Shogun pull off the win.

Same here Miss Foxy I also want Shogun to win but its going to be a tough fight I think.

Twinsmama 03-16-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 158003)
It's also possible that Jones beats his @$$ in training and Rashad is Scared of Jony Bones :wink:

:laugh::laugh:that's what i was thinking.

Same here Miss Foxy I also want Shogun to win but its going to be a tough fight I think.

i want shogun to win also