Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   MiddleEasy.com Sunday Morning Rumor Mill (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7247)

VCURamFan 03-13-2011 11:21 PM

MiddleEasy.com Sunday Morning Rumor Mill
 
Tis weeks rumors are entirely centered, surprisingly, on the big news from yesterday:

Quote:

Hey, I've been out the entire week in the Yucatán mountains doing one of these Peyote spirit journeys. Now that I'm back from my celestial voyage, I'm happy I didn't miss anything in the world of MMA. It was a relatively slow week -- until the planet flipped over. Sengoku collapses, Japan essentially collapses, Strikeforce collapses, and it all happened within a 48-hour period. Thankfully, the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill is still intact.
  • So you're probably wondering why Dana White announced the Strikeforce buyout on a Saturday morning. It's rumored that Dana White wanted to ensure that the NFL player's lockout was official before announcing the UFC purchasing Strikeforce. Dana's plan is to literally undercut the NFL fanbase by providing UFC/Strikeforce in a time slot that would be endemic to NFL fans. Now that the 2011 NFL season is essentially displaced, it's heavily rumored that Dana will work with CBS to host weekly fights that will air on Sunday morning/evening.
  • Once the Showtime contract with Strikeforce is up, ZUFFA will let the Strikeforce brand die and select which fighters they would like to accept into the UFC. There is simply no room for brand confusion in such a young sport.
  • However, another rumor states that Dana White will keep Strikeforce around, but the organization will be used as a 'lower-tier' promotion and the 'top' guys will be absorbed into the UFC. In this scenario, ZUFFA would own UFC and Strikeforce and each organization would use the other as competition, sort of like how Starbucks owns Seattle's Best Coffee.
  • The ZUFFA bumper will be shown at the beginning of Strikeforce broadcasts, starting with the April 1st Strikeforce Challengers show.
  • Don't expect to see anymore Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand-Prix fan-made promos or any highlight reels for that matter. Much like how ZUFFA has already snuffed out all YouTube videos that use content from the UFC, they will also seek to expunge any copyright infringing videos that use intellectual property of Strikeforce.
  • Elbows will still not be allowed on the ground in Strikeforce.
  • As of right now, Sumner Redstone is the most powerful man in MMA. He's the majority owner of CBS Corporation, Viacom, and MTV Networks -- essentially the guy owns MMA. It will be interesting to see what, if any, plans he has for mixed martial arts.
  • Apparently the UFC/Strikeforce deal was discussed in Abu Dhabi.
  • If ZUFFA lets Strikeforce die and handpicks fighters from their roster, women's MMA is essentially finished. Dana White has no intention on accepting women into the UFC.
  • Apy Echteld and Dana White had a phone call yesterday. Not sure what they were discussing, but one can only assume Dana is going through Apy instead of Vadim Finkelstein to see what's actually going down with Fedor's contract.
  • As mentioned before on the Sunday Morning Rumor Mill, Fedor's contract is with Showtime, not Strikeforce. In about nine months, Showtime's contract will be finished which also denotes that Fedor's contract will be terminated. Should be interesting to see what happens with The Last Emperor.
  • Showtime still plans to go full-force with M-1 Global in 2011.
  • It's rumored that Scott Coker made an estimated $15,000,000 - $20,000,000 on the Strikeforce buyout.


J.B. 03-13-2011 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 157585)
So you're probably wondering why Dana White announced the Strikeforce buyout on a Saturday morning. It's rumored that Dana White wanted to ensure that the NFL player's lockout was official before announcing the UFC purchasing Strikeforce. Dana's plan is to literally undercut the NFL fanbase by providing UFC/Strikeforce in a time slot that would be endemic to NFL fans. Now that the 2011 NFL season is essentially displaced, it's heavily rumored that Dana will work with CBS to host weekly fights that will air on Sunday morning/evening.

:rolleyes:

This is dumbest crap I've ever heard, obviously a troll job.

9 billion dollars at stake and people actually think they won't reach a deal? :laugh:

These guys may miss a few OTAs and that's it. Half the people reading this don't even know what OTAs are. The NFL season will go on as planned, and even if the worst case scenario played out and we missed some of the season, MMA will still not be challenging the NFL's popularity in North America in this lifetime.

Tyburn 03-13-2011 11:40 PM

nothing on the strikeforce homepage....nothing on the UFC homepage.

does noone else think thats...odd...:huh:

J.B. 03-13-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 157589)
nothing on the strikeforce homepage....nothing on the UFC homepage.

does noone else think thats...odd...:huh:

Are you implying it's not true? :laugh:

Because it is...

Tyburn 03-13-2011 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 157592)
Are you implying it's not true? :laugh:

Because it is...

Im saying...why arent there big triumphant in depth articals on their websites?

J.B. 03-14-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 157593)
Im saying...why arent there big triumphant in depth articals on their websites?

Probably because of exactly what Dana said...for the time being they are still two separate companies. No sense in creating confusion amongst the masses until they are ready to wash their hands of the Strikeforce brand once and for all. Once the contracts expire, they will absorb that company completely in the interest of good business. They didn't spend all that money putting the letters U, F, and C all over the planet just to market some other smaller company that they have the money to buy out. This is just like what the WWF did.

Llamafighter 03-14-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyburn (Post 157589)
nothing on the strikeforce homepage....nothing on the UFC homepage.

does noone else think thats...odd...:huh:

who cares about those sites, I'm waiting to see what Rattlesnakemma has to say about it all. that's where I get all my news!
:)

J.B. 03-14-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter (Post 157601)
who cares about those sites, I'm waiting to see what Rattlesnakemma has to say about it all. that's where I get all my news!
:)

http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/p...tom_cruise.gif

Yes, I used this as a response in another thread, but it's fitting and it was still copied to my clipboard....:wink:

Llamafighter 03-14-2011 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 157604)
http://videogum.com/img/thumbnails/p...tom_cruise.gif

Yes, I used this as a response in another thread, but it's fitting and it was still copied to my clipboard....:wink:

:laugh:What does my post have to do with you, J.B.?

J.B. 03-14-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter (Post 157606)
:laugh:What does my post have to do with you, J.B.?

Oh I just figured since it was posted here it pertained to me....:laugh:

This isn't www.JB.com? :rolleyes:

:wink:


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.