Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Christianity (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Confess AND Believe (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7210)

BamaGrits84 03-09-2011 04:07 PM

Confess AND Believe
 
I don't know why this has been on my heart so much lately, but I am starting to pondered if a lot of people who say they are Christians actually understands what that means. I hear so many people say the believe in God and accepting Jesus as their Savior is the only way to heaven, but I can't help but wonder if they actually believe in Jesus with their heart. I think if you have Jesus in your heart you suffer from conviction when you sin. You detest sin, you suffer remorse when you sin, and you desire deeply to remove it from your life. Do you think anyone who truely has Jesus in them could be any other way? I hear so many people say "I know it is wrong, but..." The "but" kills me if it is not followed by how they are trying to removed the sin. I know none of us are perfect, but I think it is the desire to be pleasing to the Lord that pulls at my heart so much. It just makes me wonder when I see someone living in a way that displays their lack conviction for their sin that makes me wonder the content of their hearts. I guess I wonder if people falsely believe they are saved because their actions do not reflect Jesus in their hearts.

Miss Foxy 03-09-2011 04:21 PM

Not to sound mean, but why worry about other people if you can't feel or see what their hearts feel or believe? You should be worried about your own faith and ministry instead of assuming or judging what you think others are capable of feeling or believing. The more time we try to figure out other people the more time we are taking from our lives. Some things are just unknown.

BamaGrits84 03-09-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 156707)
Not to sound mean, but why worry about other people if you can't feel or see what their hearts feel or believe? You should be worried about your own faith and ministry instead of assuming or judging what you think others are capable of feeling or believing. The more time we try to figure out other people the more time we are taking from our lives. Some things are just unknown.

Matthew 28 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Romans 10 "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Mark 1 "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."


Why worry? If my biblical understanding leads me to be concerned that some of my friends may misunderstand salvation and I say nothing then what love is there in that? Have I been faithful in following the words of Christ if I fear someone does not understand Him and I ignore it so it is of no worry to me? Failing to be "worried" about the salvation of others is a direct contradiction to the instructions Chirst gives up. I believe you misunderstand what judgement is.

Miss Foxy 03-09-2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 (Post 156717)
Matthew 28 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

Romans 10 "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

Mark 1 "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."


Why worry? If my biblical understanding leads me to be concerned that some of my friends may misunderstand salvation and I say nothing then what love is there in that? Have I been faithful in following the words of Christ if I fear someone does not understand Him and I ignore it so it is of no worry to me? Failing to be "worried" about the salvation of others is a direct contradiction to the instructions Chirst gives up. I believe you misunderstand what judgement is.

You didnt say it was your friends..That would change my thoughts then. Your post was generally speaking so it could have been co-workers, neighbors, or people on this site.. If that's what you meant that's within your own testimony..Teaching or helping teach anyone is great. Doubting what they feel or seem to feel is different thats where the judgement part comes in play. You posted and asked so I am stating it if its not what you want.. sorry.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

BamaGrits84 03-09-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 156724)
You didnt say it was your friends..That would change my thoughts then. Your post was generally speaking so it could have been co-workers, neighbors, or people on this site.. If that's what you meant that's within your own testimony..Teaching or helping teach anyone is great. Doubting what they feel or seem to feel is different thats where the judgement part comes in play. You posted and asked so I am stating it if its not what you want.. sorry.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

Well I don't mean ONLY friends, but anyone who you see in action well enough to know if they seem to think mere words save them. And I think the judge in this verse means to decide who is worthy of Heaven. That's nto what I'm saying. I'm saying by actions our hearts are shown. If a person thinks words alone save them, or misunderstand what believing with your heart means I think Christians should not turn from having a conversation to ensure salvation is understood.

If a coworker comes in obviously sick and the next day they come back in the same condition and say "I'm better now" do you believe them? Probably not because there is no indication a change in their condition has occured. You would likely say "have you seen a doctor?" or "did you get some medicine?"

Miss Foxy 03-09-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 (Post 156728)
Well I don't mean ONLY friends, but anyone who you see in action well enough to know if they seem to think mere words save them. And I think the judge in this verse means to decide who is worthy of Heaven. That's nto what I'm saying. I'm saying by actions our hearts are shown. If a person thinks words alone save them, or misunderstand what believing with your heart means I think Christians should not turn from having a conversation to ensure salvation is understood.

If a coworker comes in obviously sick and the next day they come back in the same condition and say "I'm better now" do you believe them? Probably not because there is no indication a change in their condition has occured. You would likely say "have you seen a doctor?" or "did you get some medicine?"

I don't care that much to believe or not believe. I would say, "glad your back take care of yourself." That's just me. I am far too busy to worry what the next person does. I see your point and to each his/her own.. We all march to a different beat..

BamaGrits84 03-09-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 156729)
I don't care that much to believe or not believe. I would say, "glad your back take care of yourself." That's just me. I am far too busy to worry what the next person does. I see your point and to each his/her own.. We all march to a different beat..

If every Christian is far too busy who teaches the nation?

Miss Foxy 03-09-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 (Post 156734)
If every Christian is far too busy who teaches the nation?

You asked about a co-worker.. Huge difference. I already responded with my thoughts and opinions on this. The way you wrote the post was misleading. You should have stated your personal friends/family not a generalization. You got my answer. I shall not continue this any longer.

BamaGrits84 03-09-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 156736)
You asked about a co-worker.. Huge difference. I already responded with my thoughts and opinions on this. The way you wrote the post was misleading. You should have stated your personal friends/family not a generalization. You got my answer. I shall not continue this any longer.

I didn't state it as a personal relations only because the salavtion of my friends is no more important than that of a stranger. the bible doesn't say teacher your friends - it says the nations. I used friends in the context that the exposure we have with certain people give us knowledge of who they really are. If I asked a stranger if they knew Jesus as their Savior and they answered "Yeah I've prayed to received Him" I would follow up to ask if they also believe in their heart. Some people we only know their words - yes I believe in my heart. It is the people who we see in action that we can see the reflection of their heart. My point is when their words and their heart don't match do we ignore it or ask them about their heart? No one is perfect but some are clearly confused. Don't worry - I'm not looking for an answer from you. Just making my point clear for everyone else.

Miss Foxy 03-09-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaGrits84 (Post 156739)
I didn't state it as a personal relations only because the salavtion of my friends is no more important than that of a stranger. the bible doesn't say teacher your friends - it says the nations. I used friends in the context that the exposure we have with certain people give us knowledge of who they really are. If I asked a stranger if they knew Jesus as their Savior and they answered "Yeah I've prayed to received Him" I would follow up to ask if they also believe in their heart. Some people we only know their words - yes I believe in my heart. It is the people who we see in action that we can see the reflection of their heart. My point is when their words and their heart don't match do we ignore it or ask them about their heart? No one is perfect but some are clearly confused. Don't worry - I'm not looking for an answer from you. Just making my point clear for everyone else.

Honey I wasn't worried.. Post on..


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.