Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tito Ortiz: My last two fights against Forrest Griffin have been 'awesome' so let's p (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7204)

Spiritwalker 03-08-2011 04:09 PM

Tito Ortiz: My last two fights against Forrest Griffin have been 'awesome' so let's p

Sounds to me like Tito wants an easier fight than Nogueira would have gave him...

Thoughts??

http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/ne...newthread&f=10

Props: MMA Hour

Quoteworthy:

Quote:

"Hopefully in May or June. It's up to Dana and the UFC to let the fight happen. I know people want to see me fight again, so let's do a Forrest-Ortiz three. He's a former world champion, our last two fights have been awesome so let's just put on a three ... The last one I thought I won, but they gave it to him. So let's just make the third time better than the last two. I guess the fans will speak loudest, so let's make the fans make some noise ... I don't know why people [call me out]. They want to be famous? I guess me being as infamous as I am, these guys can get on me and the only way for them to be recognized is to fight a big name like me. I think it's cool. I think it's funny. Take your ticket and wait in line, and Forrest I'll give you the No. 1 ticket."
Well, you heard the man, make some damn noise already. Anyone out there clamoring for a conclusion to the "awesome" rivalry that is Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin? Both longtime UFC employees have held the light heavyweight belt -- and both are a long way from getting it back. Does that automatically qualify them for a rubber match? Griffin is the winner of two straight, including a split decision over "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" back in 2009 whereas Ortiz hasn't won a fight in nearly five years and recently pulled out of his March 26 headliner against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira. Who has the most to lose in this trilogy? Ortiz, Griffin -- or the fans?

Miss Foxy 03-08-2011 04:48 PM

Tito will get his *ssed kicked.. He annoys me I used to like that man, but he is trashy...He's so past his prime..

rearnakedchoke 03-08-2011 05:32 PM

tito is still around? jeez .. but i did think he won both the fights with forrest ... the second fight was close and coulda gone either way .. forrest takes the third though again ..

CAVEMAN 03-08-2011 05:46 PM

Tito just needs to go away!

County Mike 03-08-2011 06:12 PM

The problem with Tito is that you can't rely on him. How many fights has he pulled out of due to injury?

Spiritwalker 03-08-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike (Post 156590)
The problem with Tito is that you can't rely on him. How many fights has he pulled out of to avoid injury?

Fixed

flo 03-08-2011 06:22 PM

Sometimes where the allotted letters for a thread title end puts a whole new spin on things. :laugh:

I don't know...there are so many great current or up-and-coming fighters that I'd much rather see. Tito is beginning to seem a little desperate and that's not a good way to end a career, IMO.

rearnakedchoke 03-08-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 156593)
Sometimes where the allotted letters for a thread title end puts a whole new spin on things. :laugh:

I don't know...there are so many great current or up-and-coming fights that I'd much rather see. Tito is beginning to seem a little desperate and that's not a good way to end a career, IMO.

who says he is close to the end of his career? he is just getting his second wind and is fighting injury and pain free for the first time in years .. if he can fight a former champ with a cracked skull and come close to winning, can you imagine how he could fight 100% ... watch out shogun, jon jones, rashad and rampage .. tito is BACK!!!!

Miss Foxy 03-08-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke (Post 156597)
who says he is close to the end of his career? he is just getting his second wind and is fighting injury and pain free for the first time in years .. if he can fight a former champ with a cracked skull and come close to winning, can you imagine how he could fight 100% ... watch out shogun, jon jones, rashad and rampage .. tito is BACK!!!!

If he could stay out of training in Big Bear, CA with all those lames that worship him! He needs to really work on his striking.. It's almost embarassing to watch him!! He don't as a fighter he is stuck back in his glory days.. Just like Jenna! :laugh:

County Mike 03-08-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Foxy (Post 156601)
he is stuck back in his glory days.. Just like Jenna! :laugh:

Hey! Get off Jenna.

After all, I just did.

Zing!
-tm Crisco