Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can I get a heck yeah?!?! (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7195)

Miss Foxy 03-07-2011 06:36 PM

Can I get a heck yeah?!?!

UFC middleweight contender and pre-fight stand-up comic Chael Sonnen has officially fulfilled his California State Athletic Commission six-month suspension and paid his $2,500 fine for testing over the allowed testosterone levels after his August UFC 117 title fight with Anderson Silva. The suspension was originally set for a full year, but at the hearing Sonnen and his physician explained that he suffered form hypogonadism and has been undergoing testosterone replacement therapy since 2008. He also claimed that he disclosed the treatment to the CSAC officials. The one year suspension was then reduced to a six-month suspension.

CSAC executive officer George Dodd confirmed to MMA Fighting that he fulfilled his suspension on Thursday, but he will still have one more step to take before having his license reinstated to fight in California.

Dodd explained to MMAFighting.com, "If Mr. Sonnen wants to be licensed here in California he will have to appear before the commission to regain his license. Every other state will have to make a determination on their process for licensing Mr. Sonnen."

Dodd also said that there is not yet a date set for Sonnen to meet with the commission.

Sonnen was set to face Yoshihiro Akiyama at this month’s UFC 128, but other legal problems have forced UFC President Dana White to place a hold on Sonnen’s fighting contract until all of his legal battles have blown over.

Sonnen is now currently facing charges for money laundering in his home state of Oregon.

The Oregonian Newspaper explained that Sonnen is likely to receive two years' probation on the recommendation of the U.S. government. His sentencing is currently set for 11:30 am PT on March 28. Until then Dana White has stated that Sonnen will be inactive in the octagon.

Regardless, Sonnen has not held off on trash talking to other fighters. He has recently called out “The Count” Michael Bisping after his UFC 127 victory, calling him Michael “Spitsbing”. One thing is for sure, when Sonnen handles his legal issues and returns, there will be no shortage of possible match-ups for the former middleweight number one contender. However, all of these talks will have to wait until Sonnen’s money laundering hearing comes to a close.

On the bright side, at least his CSAC suspension is now up. Sonnen is now one small step closer to returning to action…however small that step may be.

JavierDLC 03-07-2011 08:44 PM

WAR SONNEN

Vizion 03-08-2011 01:24 AM

Heck yea!

flo 03-08-2011 01:47 AM

Quote:

The Oregonian Newspaper explained that Sonnen is likely to receive two years' probation on the recommendation of the U.S. government. His sentencing is currently set for 11:30 am PT on March 28. Until then Dana White has stated that Sonnen will be inactive in the octagon.

Didn't they forget to add "if found guilty"? Has he already been tried for the money laundering?

I want to see him fast-tracked back to the octagon so he can kick Spitbing's a$$. :happydancing:

HECK YEAH!!!

suntereo 03-08-2011 03:53 AM

he plead guilty.
sentencing is another thing, but should be along the lines negotiated in his guilty plea. This is why they know what to expect with the 2 year probation.

flo 03-08-2011 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suntereo (Post 156523)
he plead guilty.
sentencing is another thing, but should be along the lines negotiated in his guilty plea. This is why they know what to expect with the 2 year probation.

Thanks, suntereo. I didn't know he had pled.

hughesfan4life 03-08-2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flo (Post 156506)
Didn't they forget to add "if found guilty"? Has he already been tried for the money laundering?

I want to see him fast-tracked back to the octagon so he can kick Spitbing's a$$. :happydancing:

HECK YEAH!!!

i second that!!!!:laugh: