Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rampage verses Jardine does anyone care? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=715)

Straight Right 03-07-2009 03:05 PM

Rampage verses Jardine does anyone care?

Just haven't really seen any posts regarding this PPV tonight. Anyone watching? Anyone have any thoughts/predictions?

I think that Rampage is back and focused and will probably drop Jardine at some point. If Jardine can stay outside and land some of his much-vaunted leg kicks he might have shot.

I'm not sure what to think of Carwin and GG. Seems like Carwin should be able to use his wrestling to keep it standing and bring the leather, but I've sold GG short before and he can surprise, I just think he gets out muscled here.

It's interesting to see how far Brandon Vera has fallen, from top contender to "may not be broadcast" undercard.

There are some other interesting match ups, but I think I'm keeping my $45 in my pocket tonight.

F34R 03-07-2009 03:06 PM

Jardine is hard to drop. You have to hit him just right. I think he learned a lot from that Alexander fight he lost. I'd like to see Jardine win.

rockdawg21 03-07-2009 03:09 PM

Nah, I'm more interested in the other fights.

I'm purchasing this one because of the Carwin/Gonzaga fight. I like Gonzaga, and it's also time to see if Carwin is the real deal. I'd say Gonzaga's the better fighter, but Carwin might be able to control Gonzaga the same way Randy did. Should be an interesting fight.

lc87 03-07-2009 04:52 PM

I was never too pumped about this fight. And without a strong main event I don't see many buys. If it was half priced for a half decent card maybe. And this fight doesn't make sense to me anyway. Rampage just destroyed the man that destroyed jardine. I know mma math doesn't always add up but it makes it hard to hype a fight. I think this one should have been anderson vs lietes then 97 should have been rashads title on the line . Then 98 was worked out good. Then 99 has a big fight decent main event.

I don't like champs turning down fights. Bj saying he won't fight till late summer. Rashad turning down rampage. I feel if they deny a a challanger they should be stripped and shipped to the bottom of the list.

MMeh 03-07-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lc87
I was never too pumped about this fight. And without a strong main event I don't see many buys. If it was half priced for a half decent card maybe. And this fight doesn't make sense to me anyway. Rampage just destroyed the man that destroyed jardine. I know mma math doesn't always add up but it makes it hard to hype a fight. I think this one should have been anderson vs lietes then 97 should have been rashads title on the line . Then 98 was worked out good. Then 99 has a big fight decent main event.

I don't like champs turning down fights. Bj saying he won't fight till late summer. Rashad turning down rampage. I feel if they deny a a challanger they should be stripped and shipped to the bottom of the list.

Agree with you on this card, it just doesn't do it for me, especially at full PPV price. I wonder what the buyrate for this one will be, no title fights, only one true "contender" fight (Gonzaga-Carwin is interesting, but neither of them is next in line at HW), plus a crap economy spell a recipe for disappointment for the UFC if I had to guess.

atomdanger 03-07-2009 05:24 PM

I really don't think anybody cares that much, there aren't many interesting fights on this card.
I can't imagine it will do too well on PPV,
the only fight I am pretty interested in is Carwin/GG

matthughesfan21 03-07-2009 07:03 PM

there are some fights i am interested in seeiing, but I see the main event being a little one-sided...I'll just watch online, not even wasting a bdubs trip for this

bradwright 03-07-2009 07:22 PM

is that tonight?:unsure-1:

i'll just catch the spoilers,,thats if i think of it,:wink:

rockdawg21 03-07-2009 07:30 PM

Just got done watching the previews on DirecTV. I have to admit that I admire Carwin's calmness and confidence. I think this will be a fight that ends brutally in the 1st round.

Hughes_GOAT 03-07-2009 07:35 PM

i'm interested. Jardine's beaten Forrest, and Liddell. both former LHW champs and now he gets another former LHW champ. a lot of upsets lately so i won't be surprised if Jardine just leg kicks the hell out of Page and gets a win.