Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   No Longer Baby Jay (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7132)

Spiritwalker 03-02-2011 11:37 AM

No Longer Baby Jay

in my book....From now on.. the MMA fighter formerly known as Baby Jay... will now be known as Penn.. in my book.

I have always thought Penn was really good in the cage... but I never liked what he had to say in interviews and his "after fight" actions have always left me with a "whatever"..

But recentlyl. he has "matured" in my eyes... his actions after his win over Hughes at 123... His public face over the past two months.. bringing Matt down to train with him... and just as important.. his own words following the draw at 127...

No more "Baby Jay" for me... He is now Penn.. Not his biggest fan in the world... but definately not a hater anymore....

And I am sure he will sleep better tonight for my change of heart... :)

Buc Nasty 03-02-2011 12:21 PM

Don't mean to sound like a hater, but what is the point of this thread? :laugh:

rearnakedchoke 03-02-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 155510)
in my book....From now on.. the MMA fighter formerly known as Baby Jay... will now be known as Penn.. in my book.

I have always thought Penn was really good in the cage... but I never liked what he had to say in interviews and his "after fight" actions have always left me with a "whatever"..

But recentlyl. he has "matured" in my eyes... his actions after his win over Hughes at 123... His public face over the past two months.. bringing Matt down to train with him... and just as important.. his own words following the draw at 127...

No more "Baby Jay" for me... He is now Penn.. Not his biggest fan in the world... but definately not a hater anymore....

And I am sure he will sleep better tonight for my change of heart... :)

but that is what BJ stands for ... so calling him baby jay ain't a bad thing ... i am sure his mom still calls him that ...

Spiritwalker 03-02-2011 01:34 PM

For me.. I have always called him Baby Jay... I meant it as a "put down".. referring to him being like a child when he loses.. and just as immature when he wins... It's similiar to me always referring to Anderson Silva as "Andy".. or always calling Kevin Ferguson by his given name...rather than "that lame sounding streete name"... just my own little insult...

"Baby Jay", "Excuse Machine", "Whiner", whatever.. I have actually received a few PMs over the years..."Why the hate?"...

So I just decided to be as public with my new found respect... as I have been in my insults to Penn as a person... Or maybe I am wanting to suck up to Miss Foxy!!!

To me the way you address a person shows the amount of respect you have for them.. Matt Hughes.. will always be "Da Man".. or Matt... he has earned that.. just like Chuck, Randy, Rich and a bunch of others..

But Penn.. I have always put down... punching a cop.. quitting on the stool... running from Matt..whiner, crybaby... bringing his Mom to the NSAC hearing to testify... so from now on.. he is Penn..

Chuck 03-02-2011 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 155547)
For me.. I have always called him Baby Jay... I meant it as a "put down".. referring to him being like a child when he loses.. and just as immature when he wins... It's similiar to me always referring to Anderson Silva as "Andy".. or always calling Kevin Ferguson by his given name...rather than "that lame sounding streete name"... just my own little insult...

"Baby Jay", "Excuse Machine", "Whiner", whatever.. I have actually received a few PMs over the years..."Why the hate?"...

So I just decided to be as public with my new found respect... as I have been in my insults to Penn as a person... Or maybe I am wanting to suck up to Miss Foxy!!!

To me the way you address a person shows the amount of respect you have for them.. Matt Hughes.. will always be "Da Man".. or Matt... he has earned that.. just like Chuck, Randy, Rich and a bunch of others..

But Penn.. I have always put down... punching a cop.. quitting on the stool... running from Matt..whiner, crybaby... bringing his Mom to the NSAC hearing to testify... so from now on.. he is Penn..

Thank ya, thank ya very much.... :D

Llamafighter 03-02-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 155548)

:rolleyes:
:laugh:

Miss Foxy 03-02-2011 03:07 PM

His Ohana (family) calls him Baby Jay.. lol. But I see what you mean you were saying it to be a smart *ss.. Cool. Welcome to the other side.. Well kind of..:laugh:

suntereo 03-02-2011 03:09 PM

it's been cool to see the maturing. Matt is the reason that I got back into mma along with the modern rules and weight classes but I'm from the same Island as Bj. Our schools were bitter rivals but he is still a local boy so it's been a conflict that is now resolved both by Bj's maturing and the fact that the rivalry with Matt appears to be ove.

win win for me too.

Miss Foxy 03-02-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buc Nasty (Post 155518)
Don't mean to sound like a hater, but what is the point of this thread? :laugh:

Lovin' the siggie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flo 03-02-2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 155548)

tee hee