Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anderson vs GSP.. why it really doesn't matter.. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6884)

Spiritwalker 02-07-2011 08:55 PM

Anderson vs GSP.. why it really doesn't matter..
 
Anderson Silva - If he wins.. what does he prove? He can beat a smaller guy who is fighting outside of his "natural weight class"? He won't push the fight once in the ring. We will end up with a Silva/Maia 2 at best.

The only fights that make sense for Andy is (since he cleaned out the division) is LHWs that are wanting to drop down to stay in the UFC cause they aren't making it where they are at (IMO Frankliln doesn't count as he had pretty much cleaned the divsion at the time.. with the exception of Silva), or.. Chael and Lutter.. Chael cause he is the ONLY one to recently give him a run.. and Lutter.. cause he was winning, until the elbows (which should have been ruled illegal) came down. Okami won his fight after an illegal kick..does that mean we need to see that fight???

Or how about Andy moving to LHW and staying there?





GSP - If he wins... does that mean he will make a run for a MW title? Hardly.... GSP only fights when he has something to lose.. or to gain...

If we could see him fight like he did in his 2nd Serra fight.. or when he knew he stood a good chance of losing against Hughes.. If THAT GSP would fight Andy.. THAT would be a fight worth watching.

But if it happens.. you will see GSP doing his normal "stick and move" to win a fight.. and many people will find that VERY boring.. (I am not one of them)

And we all know that GSP won't go for a KO against Andy... But I would love to see Andy stick his chin out and ask to be hit... then GSP KO him BAD... but no.. that won't happen.

Crisco 02-07-2011 09:28 PM

If GSP fights AS it will be for the MW title... So your right he won't be making a run for it he will be champ.

And again I think your very wrong. GSP will put Anderson on his back ala Chael Sonnen...

Why would you even fathom that GSP would stand and bang with Anderson when he saw how weak he was off his back.

J.B. 02-07-2011 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 151203)
But if it happens.. you will see GSP doing his normal "stick and move" to win a fight.. and many people will find that VERY boring.. (I am not one of them)

And we all know that GSP won't go for a KO against Andy... But I would love to see Andy stick his chin out and ask to be hit... then GSP KO him BAD... but no.. that won't happen.

Even Freddie Roach can't help GSP stick and move on a guy who longer and just a MUCH better boxer. GSP will try to take Silva down and do what Chael and everybody else has failed to. However, you are right, GSP is NOT KO'ing Silva. Something else people don't seem to mention very often is that Silva has shown over time to have one of the best chins in MMA.

Crisco 02-07-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 151219)
Even Freddie Roach can't help GSP stick and move on a guy who longer and just a MUCH better boxer. GSP will try to take Silva down and do what Chael and everybody else has failed to. However, you are right, GSP is NOT KO'ing Silva. Something else people don't seem to mention very often is that Silva has shown over time to have one of the best chins in MMA.

I don't think Silva has ever really been hit hard before in an MMA fight to be honest.

Chael Sonnen got caught by Anderson 2 minutes before becoming the new champion. He would win the rematch IMO.

I think GSP could do the same thing to Anderson if he fights smart which he always does.

JavierDLC 02-07-2011 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 151219)
Even Freddie Roach can't help GSP stick and move on a guy who longer and just a MUCH better boxer. GSP will try to take Silva down and do what Chael and everybody else has failed to. However, you are right, GSP is NOT KO'ing Silva. Something else people don't seem to mention very often is that Silva has shown over time to have one of the best chins in MMA.

LOL Damn it hurts you that much huh :laugh: :laugh:

Let It go J.B. :)

Chael got caught but you and everyone who witnessed that fight knows that Chael Tapped that @$$ like there was no tomorrow :laugh:

I don't know if GSP is as Strong as Sonnen, but if he is I'm sure GSP can beat him.

Your boy isn't Invincible :wink:

J.B. 02-07-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco (Post 151222)
I don't think Silva has ever really been hit hard before in an MMA fight to be honest.

Chael Sonnen got caught by Anderson 2 minutes before becoming the new champion. He would win the rematch IMO.

I think GSP could do the same thing to Anderson if he fights smart which he always does.

If you go back and watch throughout his career, Silva has been hit with some stiff shots. Chael landed some great shots from the top that would have stopped a lot of fighters.

Oh, and lets not forget that Chael almost got subbed out at the end of the second round and he got knocked on his ass in the 4th...oh yeah, AND he lost the fight. The rematch isn't as much in Sonnen's favor as it is in Silva's.

J.B. 02-07-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JavierDLC (Post 151231)
LOL Damn it hurts you that much huh :laugh: :laugh:

Let It go J.B. :)

Chael got caught but you and everyone who witnessed that fight knows that Chael Tapped that @$$ like there was no tomorrow :laugh:

I don't know if GSP is as Strong as Sonnen, but if he is I'm sure GSP can beat him.

Your boy isn't Invincible :wink:

I've been saying he isn't invincible the entire time.

It's not Silva fans who need to harp on the fight with Sonnen, it's exactly the opposite. If you take the Sonnen victory away from Silva, he is still one of the greatest fighters in MMA history. If you take away Sonnen's performance in his fight with Silva, what does Chael have?

Now, that's what really hurts...:laugh:

logrus 02-07-2011 11:03 PM

If they do fight you will see Gsp go with Sonnens tactics with minimal effort on the ground.

logrus 02-07-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 151241)
If you go back and watch throughout his career, Silva has been hit with some stiff shots. Chael landed some great shots from the top that would have stopped a lot of fighters.

Oh, and lets not forget that Chael almost got subbed out at the end of the second round and he got knocked on his ass in the 4th...oh yeah, AND he lost the fight. The rematch isn't as much in Sonnen's favor as it is in Silva's.

You forgot about the juice..... :Whistle:

J.B. 02-07-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus (Post 151244)
You forgot about the juice..... :Whistle:

I was being nice. :laugh:


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.