Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Silva/GSP coming? (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6871)

rockdawg21 02-06-2011 05:31 AM

Silva/GSP coming?
 
What do you all think? I think since they have both cleared out their divisions, it's going to happen. GSP might be able to ride out the victory on top, but I think just like Chael Sonnen, he would get tapped at some point.

KENTUCKYREDBONE 02-06-2011 07:17 AM

I'm predicting and hoping Silva wins this one!

Maldonado136 02-06-2011 07:52 AM

Bad fight for GSP and I thought that before tonight. There is no positive in fighting someone in a higher weight who is as good as Anderson is. He should just try to get as many title defenses as he can.

adamt 02-06-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maldonado136 (Post 150948)
Bad fight for GSP and I thought that before tonight. There is no positive in fighting someone in a higher weight who is as good as Anderson is. He should just try to get as many title defenses as he can.

exactly wrong


there is no need to fight someone who is moving up a weight to fight you when they are as good at winning as gsp is

gsp has nothing to lose, spider does.... everyone is going to think what you are thinking , spider should win cause it is his weight class, who will hold it against gsp if he doesn't win?

rockdawg21 02-06-2011 03:37 PM

Forgot GSP still has to deal with Jake Shields but I think GSP takes him.

Spiritwalker 02-06-2011 03:51 PM

GSP
Height 5 ft 10 in
Weight 170 lb
Division Welterweight
Reach 76.0 in

Anderson da Silva
Height 6 ft 2 in
Weight 184.5 lb
Division Middleweight
Reach 77.6 in

Spiritwalker 02-06-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockdawg21 (Post 150974)
Forgot GSP still has to deal with Jake Shields but I think GSP takes him.

Agreed

Vizion 02-06-2011 04:28 PM

Why is everybody SO excited about this?!

There's no way GSP will take Anderson. NO way. 1st rd KO - with way too much hype leaving this event a sorry letdown.

The only person who deserves a shot at him is the man is Chael Sonnen.

He is the only person to dominate Anderson in the UFC - granted he lost, but granted, he dominated him 4.5 rounds. He deserves the next shot.

Bonnie 02-06-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamt (Post 150961)
exactly wrong


there is no need to fight someone who is moving up a weight to fight you when they are as good at winning as gsp is

gsp has nothing to lose, spider does.... everyone is going to think what you are thinking , spider should win cause it is his weight class, who will hold it against gsp if he doesn't win?

I don't think GSP wants to fight Anderson. And to GSP, I think it would matter, a lot, if he lost to Anderson no matter the different weight class. GSP doesn't want to lose...period. IMHO And I do think he is going to lose in a fight with Anderson.

But, what if GSP were to win, what happens next? Would DW immediately give Anderson the opportunity to win it back? Is GSP going to bounce back and forth between WW and MW to defend both titles? I doubt it. I know as JB says this would be a superfight and draw a lot of viewers, but I guess I don't see how it will benefit either division. Benefit Silva or GSP, the UFC and the sport, yes, but the divisions themselves...or maybe that doesn't matter? :unsure-1:

Bonnie 02-06-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 150978)
GSP
Height 5 ft 10 in
Weight 170 lb
Division Welterweight
Reach 76.0 in

Anderson da Silva
Height 6 ft 2 in
Weight 184.5 lb
Division Middleweight
Reach 77.6 in

You forgot to list the foot/toe reach. :laugh:

I would love to know GSP's immediate thought when he saw/sees that kick! :laugh:


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.