Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   UFC 127: BJ Penn more concerned about showcasing his 'fighting spirit' than with winn (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6727)

Spiritwalker 01-18-2011 01:54 PM

UFC 127: BJ Penn more concerned about showcasing his 'fighting spirit' than with winn

Is it my imagination.. or does Baby jay get to a different place.. everytime he fights..???

First he was the "Prodigy".. then he was the "Runner" (in regards to him taking off after beating Matt)..then he was "the portly".. then he was "backing up his natural talent"... then he was back to WW and "wants to earn another shot"...Now he wants to show off "Warrior Spirit"...

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/1/18/19...ighting-spirit

Quote:

"I know (Jon Fitch) is under pressure, people telling him that he has to finish fights and stuff but I honestly think heís just going to come out and do the same thing he always does, heís a grinder and he goes after you and grind you into the ground and I just have to stop all that and turn it around... All these fighters are really, really, really concerned about one thing, winning. And itís not that Iím not concerned about that, but Iíve been in their shoes for a long time and thatís all I was concerned about too. But more concerned than winning, I want to show everybody my fighting spirit. What happens when I step into the ring, itís either going to be the best win, best loss or best draw you ever [expletive] saw... Itís just that everybodyís in different places in their lives; heís looking for title shot, all these people are looking to come up, some people looking to win to keep their job and this and that. Iím just looking to show my fighting spirit."
Former UFC champion BJ Penn is apparently at a "different place in his life" as he heads into his UFC 127 fight against Jon Fitch on Feb. 27 in Sydney, Australia. "The Prodigy" made a successful return to the 170-pound weight class last November by stiffening Matt Hughes in the first round and now looks to turn the division on its head by eliminating Fitch from the welterweight title hunt. Can the Hawaiian overcome "the grind" and climb the division ladder? Or is he going to get buried in "The Outback?"

JavierDLC 01-18-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 148405)
"I honestly think heís just going to come out and do the same thing he always does, heís a grinder and he goes after you and grind you into the ground"

Which is exactly what Fitch is going to do to (The Prodigy:Whistle:)
This will be the trilogy of the GSP vs Bj Penn fights. It will be like in Hollywood when they make a great movie and it does okay at the box office and years later they want to make a sequel but the main actor has become to popular for that lead role. So they get a guy who looks like the original actor and some what acts the same, you know a cheaper version. The movie becomes a dud because its the same story as the original and the conclusion is exactly the same. Well that's how this fight is going to play out :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritwalker (Post 148405)
"best loss"

It looks like the "Prodigy" should of been nicknamed the "Fortune Teller" cause he just Predicted the outcome of this fight :)

Miss Foxy 01-18-2011 03:11 PM

War Penn..

Spiritwalker 01-18-2011 03:25 PM

War Fitch!

Chuck 01-18-2011 03:42 PM

War sucks.

Spiritwalker 01-18-2011 03:43 PM

Frankie says...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 148417)
War sucks.

rearnakedchoke 01-18-2011 05:09 PM

BJ knows he is going to get smothered so he is trying to get fitch to take some chances ... ain't gonna happen ... everyone is talking about fighting .. this is mma, ground game is part of it .. and a W is a W .. plain and simple

Miss Foxy 01-18-2011 05:20 PM

Blah, blah, blah..

Buc Nasty 01-18-2011 06:28 PM

"Whatch u talkin bout?"
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/7205/captureab.jpg

Vizion 01-18-2011 08:23 PM

"... All these fighters are really, really, really concerned about one thing, winning. And itís not that Iím not concerned about that, but Iíve been in their shoes for a long time and thatís all I was concerned about too.

Translation: "This is my pre-losing excuse."

"But more concerned than winning, I want to show everybody my fighting spirit. What happens when I step into the ring, itís either going to be the best win, best loss or best draw you ever [expletive] saw... Itís just that everybodyís in different places in their lives; heís looking for title shot, all these people are looking to come up, some people looking to win to keep their job and this and that. Iím just looking to show my fighting spirit."

Translation: "I'm pretty sure I can't win this fight, so I will try to minimize the importance of winning it by making yet another excuse (i.e. I don't care if I win" :rolleyes: