Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Maia vs Fedor (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=653)

bryan2213 03-03-2009 03:30 AM

Maia vs Fedor
 
I was just watching some Submission of the Week clips on UFC.com and one was Gonzaga. I've seen a few suggestions by people here on whether it would be a difficult fight for Fedor to fight Gonzaga given his BJJ skills if he ever gets to the UFC. That made me think of really turning it up a notch to someone who has nasty skills from what his fights have shown. I thought I'd solicit opinions. So what do you think Maia vs Fedor ? My first thought was Fedor kills him standing, and it a slight advantage for Maia on the ground.

Hughes_GOAT 03-03-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryan2213
I was just watching some Submission of the Week clips on UFC.com and one was Gonzaga. I've seen a few suggestions by people here on whether it would be a difficult fight for Fedor to fight Gonzaga given his BJJ skills if he ever gets to the UFC. That made me think of really turning it up a notch to someone who has nasty skills from what his fights have shown. I thought I'd solicit opinions. So what do you think Maia vs Fedor ? My first thought was Fedor kills him standing, and it a slight advantage for Maia on the ground.

Fedor raped Nog's guard so i see no problem with Gonzaga's or Maia's. even though Maia is better than Nog in BJJ, not necessarliy MMA BJJ, but he isn't so much better to where Fedor would have problems. plus Fedor weighs about 55 pounds more than Maia. Fedor probably has the best sweeps off his back and the best guard defense in the game.

Moose 03-03-2009 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
Fedor raped Nog's guard so i see no problem with Gonzaga's or Maia's. even though Maia is better than Nog in BJJ, not necessarliy MMA BJJ, but he isn't so much better to where Fedor would have problems. plus Fedor weighs about 55 pounds more than Maia. Fedor probably has the best sweeps off his back and the best guard defense in the game.

Don't forget, he's also 7 feet tall, and if he were here today, he'd consume the Anghlish with fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Hughes_GOAT 03-03-2009 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Don't forget, he's also 7 feet tall, and if he were here today, he'd consume the Anghlish with fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

nah, he's lucky to be 5'11"

the rest is true though :tongue0011:

rearnakedchoke 03-03-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Don't forget, he's also 7 feet tall, and if he were here today, he'd consume the Anghlish with fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Ahh ... see the favourite movie thread and my list .. love it ... LOL

Josh 03-03-2009 01:27 PM

Fedor also beat Ricardo Arona who is at least as good as Maia at BJJ and is probably a little bigger.

Llamafighter 03-03-2009 01:36 PM

Maia is in the wrong weight class. I think Fedor would destroy Gonzaga, whether he has good BJJ (which he does) or not. I really hope Fedor get in the UFC in the near future. I'd love to see him clean out the HW division and gain superstardom in the US.

Hughes_GOAT 03-03-2009 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh
Fedor also beat Ricardo Arona who is at least as good as Maia at BJJ and is probably a little bigger.

in his fourth fight with no ground and pound allowed.

Josh 03-03-2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hughes_GOAT
in his fourth fight with no ground and pound allowed.

Yup. Also Babalu who is no slouch on the ground.

rockdawg21 03-04-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
Don't forget, he's also 7 feet tall, and if he were here today, he'd consume the Anghlish with fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Does that apply to Russians as well?


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.