Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Koscheck vs Chris Wilson for UFC 98 (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638)

TheConcretekid 03-02-2009 05:25 PM

Koscheck vs Chris Wilson for UFC 98
 
MMAMania broke it first sometime last week.

I don't think the story here is one style vs another, or his camp vs the other, I think the real interesting thing here is that this is Koscheck's 4th fight in 7 months. Most fighters have half as many fights in that time. I'm worried (well, not worried) that he's going to burn out.

Hughes_GOAT 03-02-2009 05:28 PM

Koscheck thinks he's Jeremy Horn

ufcfan2 03-02-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheConcretekid
MMAMania broke it first sometime last week.

I don't think the story here is one style vs another, or his camp vs the other, I think the real interesting thing here is that this is Koscheck's 4th fight in 7 months. Most fighters have half as many fights in that time. I'm worried (well, not worried) that he's going to burn out.

Its possible he could burn out or hes gonna fight himself outta of the UFC. I mean how much can u improve ur skills if ur constantly fighting and not training new or improving existing ones?

Hughes_GOAT 03-02-2009 06:34 PM

well he's lost to the number 1, 2 WW so i don't think he'll get booted for that. however, if he loses again to a no name like the last guy he fought, then yeah, he may get booted.

TheConcretekid 03-02-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ufcfan2
Its possible he could burn out or hes gonna fight himself outta of the UFC. I mean how much can u improve ur skills if ur constantly fighting and not training new or improving existing ones?

Yeah thats a very good point, a lot of times you hear people saying "For this fight you're going to see a whole new (insert name of fighter)" sometimes thats hype (BJ), but sometimes a big loss, or an injury (Mir), change in weight (Diego) or camp can really transform a fighter. But training 6 weeks for a for a fight, 4 or 5 fights in a row can't be conducive to an improved skill set.

Maybe he doesn't want to disappear into training for 4 months, during which people may be thinking, "Hey whatever happened to Kos... oh yeah he got KOd by a no name and faded away into obscurity."

Maybe if he has another highlight reel KO over Wilson, he can take a little break, have a full camp and then comeback and fight a top 10 or 5 ranked WW. Though Fitch and Swick are also at AKA, and GSP is the champ, Sheilds is at Strikeforce, Sanchez dropped to 55... after that theres only Hughes or maybe an Alves rematch and I guess we'll keep an eye on how Carlos Condit is doing.

Looks like its going to be a long and tough road back to the top of the WW division

Jonlion 03-02-2009 07:00 PM

Josh is safe, he has made interesting fights, the UFC likes him and he has been a gamer.

The UFC treats well fighters who help them by coming in at late notice. They also reward people who are loyal and put on a good fight.

Step forward Chris Lytle! He is had been great for the UFC and whilst better fighters have come and gone, they always reward him because he delievers what he promises, a good fight and no nonsense.

Josh isnt going to be burnt out, he is just proving that fighters can fight more times in the year if pressedd and that he is a gamer.

Good on him and i wish him the best.

Koscheck for WW champion!

Llamafighter 03-02-2009 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonlion
Josh is safe, he has made interesting fights, the UFC likes him and he has been a gamer.

The UFC treats well fighters who help them by coming in at late notice. They also reward people who are loyal and put on a good fight.

Step forward Chris Lytle! He is had been great for the UFC and whilst better fighters have come and gone, they always reward him because he delievers what he promises, a good fight and no nonsense.

Josh isnt going to be burnt out, he is just proving that fighters can fight more times in the year if pressedd and that he is a gamer.

Good on him and i wish him the best.

Koscheck for WW champion!

Plus they just announced that he's on the new game! I wonder how many fighters have been cut from the UFC that were originally on the game.

TheConcretekid 03-02-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter
Plus they just announced that he's on the new game! I wonder how many fighters have been cut from the UFC that were originally on the game.

The UFC made two lists last year:
1.) Starting from the top, the best of the best, who is going to be in the game.
2.) Starting at the bottom, like many businesses in the US and the rest of the world, who cant we afford to cut.
I dont think there was much overlap.

Also, that its a great sig!

County Mike 03-02-2009 09:34 PM

I think it's cool he's fighting so often. I'm not a fan of his, but most of his fights are interesting. He's making more money than some of the top end fighters just because he fights more often. Better for his sponsors too.

rockdawg21 03-04-2009 02:14 AM

I like watching Kos fight, he's exciting. I agree that he should stick to wrestling, it's kinda foolish for him to go for the KO all the time. GNP is still awesome. I mean, if I were a former college wrestler who won 4th place, 3rd place, 1st place, and 2nd place respectively, there's NO WAY I wouldn't ride that gravy train to victory. Stick to wrestling and he could go back on top.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.