Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Ultimate Fighter (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   TUF 12.05 *****SPOILERS******* (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6248)

billwilliams70 10-14-2010 05:26 PM

TUF 12.05 *****SPOILERS*******

Don't mean to step on your toes VCURamFan, by starting this thread, but I really wanted to comment on how much of an idiot I think Josh Koscheck is.

He's like a little kid and I can't wait to see GSP do his talking in the Octagon and shut him up.

Later.

VCURamFan 10-14-2010 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwilliams70 (Post 138717)
Don't mean to step on your toes VCURamFan, by starting this thread, but I really wanted to comment on how much of an idiot I think Josh Koscheck is.

He's like a little kid and I can't wait to see GSP do his talking in the Octagon and shut him up.

Later.

Hahaha, don't sweat it. I was too lazy last night to expend the energy necessary to type and write at the same time. :laugh:

Yeah, Kos is coming off as extremely immature & childish. His actions are those of a stereotypical bully: when he loses, he sulks & whines & complains, when he wins he does everything he possibly can to rub it in. You have to wonder what his self-confidence is like.

billwilliams70 10-14-2010 06:54 PM

You also see it when he does his little camera interviews....the way he giggles like he's planning a practical joke at his high school prom.

Now, Phan wasn't entirely impressive in his victory. I thought that Paige would get the victory (before the fight started) but the injury to his hand really seemed to take a toll on him......that or Phan's cardio was that much better.

Later.

VCURamFan 10-14-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwilliams70 (Post 138732)
You also see it when he does his little camera interviews....the way he giggles like he's planning a practical joke at his high school prom.

Now, Phan wasn't entirely impressive in his victory. I thought that Paige would get the victory (before the fight started) but the injury to his hand really seemed to take a toll on him......that or Phan's cardio was that much better.

Later.

Paige lost his 3 biggest weapons (jab, right hook & left hook) because he broke his right (i.e. lead) hand & his left foot. Even with his 3 best weapons gone, he still made it a tough fight for Nam. If Spencer hadn't gotten busted up that way, he would have demolished Nam in the 2nd. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Phan.

Also, long distance/time endurance running as an effective method of improving one's fight endurance is a long-dispelled myth. To have endurance for a 5min fight, you need to work sprints, not road-work. Not saying that Phan's running isn't important as part of his mental game (hitting the wall & pushing through it, etc.), but it's not a sign that his gas tank is amazing.

Spiritwalker 10-14-2010 07:12 PM

Well.. Koz.. just can't grow up it seems...

I had some hopes for him when he fought Yoshida. He seemed to be a lot more respectful...

And when he called GSP "a french guy" you know he isn't that "bright"

billwilliams70 10-14-2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VCURamFan (Post 138735)
Paige lost his 3 biggest weapons (jab, right hook & left hook) because he broke his right (i.e. lead) hand & his left foot. Even with his 3 best weapons gone, he still made it a tough fight for Nam. If Spencer hadn't gotten busted up that way, he would have demolished Nam in the 2nd. Needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Phan.

Also, long distance/time endurance running as an effective method of improving one's fight endurance is a long-dispelled myth. To have endurance for a 5min fight, you need to work sprints, not road-work. Not saying that Phan's running isn't important as part of his mental game (hitting the wall & pushing through it, etc.), but it's not a sign that his gas tank is amazing.

Had no intentions of giving that impression.....it just seemed that it could have been better than Paige's. But, like you said, Paige's three biggest weapons were rendered useless.

Later.

VCURamFan 10-14-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwilliams70 (Post 138740)
Had no intentions of giving that impression.....it just seemed that it could have been better than Paige's. But, like you said, Paige's three biggest weapons were rendered useless.

Later.

Haha, sorry. Didn't mean to throw a tantrum on you. That's just an old myth that annoys me for some reason.

County Mike 10-15-2010 11:26 AM

Distance running is good for cutting weight and overall conditioning but Ben's right. You have to work sprints and intervals for fight-time conditioning.

I thought this was one of the better fights, at least in the stand-up realm. Both guys went for it with a lot of kicks and punch combos. It's a shame Spencer broke his hand and foot but I give both guys credit for a good fight.

Kos - still an ass.

Llamafighter 10-15-2010 11:37 AM

Jean Charles Skabrowsky is a badass. I didn't know a lot about him but watched a few of his fights afterwards and he reminds me a lot of my teacher.
I don't agree with his drinking and stuff but man the fact that he did all that and still schooled those kids is impressive. that's experience.

Spiritwalker 10-15-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Llamafighter (Post 138770)
Jean Charles Skabrowsky is a badass. I didn't know a lot about him but watched a few of his fights afterwards and he reminds me a lot of my teacher.
I don't agree with his drinking and stuff but man the fact that he did all that and still schooled those kids is impressive. that's experience.

Skabrowsky is great.. but the way he was jamming on their knees when he would push them down.. I don't know if that's the best training that can be done.

I would have liked to have seen him "coaching for Ty" rather than just beating up on a bunch of young fighters.