Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Entertainment (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EA MMA demo. (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6184)

Rochambeau 10-01-2010 11:26 AM

EA MMA demo.
 
I'm not finding it much fun. The CPU continuously attempt takedowns. The stamina system is quite annoying. There's just so much clinching and stalling. I want to bang.

J.B. 10-01-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochambeau (Post 137803)
I'm not finding it much fun. The CPU continuously attempt takedowns. The stamina system is quite annoying. There's just so much clinching and stalling. I want to bang.

It's just the demo version, so of course it can be rough around the edges. Both UFC demos were rough.

EA admitted they probably should have chosen different characters for the demo because both Lashley and Shields have really high ratings in takedown attempts. They also said that they will be tweaking lots of thing like that in the first patch when the game comes out.

I actually love the game from what I have seen. It didn't take long to get the hang of everything and the total punch control is familiar and quite responsive. I have a few friends who say they love it, but they aren't used to the stick because they always used the buttons in fight night.

Oh, and you can definitely bang in this demo...just stuff Lashley's TD attempts and unload with combos, starting with jabs and finishing with hooks while you keep pressing forward. I have knocked Lashley out on hard about 50 times in the first minute using that method. :laugh:

logrus 10-01-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 137807)
It's just the demo version, so of course it can be rough around the edges. Both UFC demos were rough.

EA admitted they probably should have chosen different characters for the demo because both Lashley and Shields have really high ratings in takedown attempts. They also said that they will be tweaking lots of thing like that in the first patch when the game comes out.

I actually love the game from what I have seen. It didn't take long to get the hang of everything and the total punch control is familiar and quite responsive. I have a few friends who say they love it, but they aren't used to the stick because they always used the buttons in fight night.

Oh, and you can definitely bang in this demo...just stuff Lashley's TD attempts and unload with combos, starting with jabs and finishing with hooks while you keep pressing forward. I have knocked Lashley out on hard about 50 times in the first minute using that method. :laugh:

haha, I'm one of those friends...

Even Mayhem will shy away from the striking. I know I went in to throw a kick and he just went for the take down. Sadly nothing you can do cause your on the stick.

Pressing against the cage is funny I landed 80 knees in the first round against Bobby lol.

J.B. 10-01-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus (Post 137811)
haha, I'm one of those friends...

Even Mayhem will shy away from the striking. I know I went in to throw a kick and he just went for the take down. Sadly nothing you can do cause your on the stick.

Pressing against the cage is funny I landed 80 knees in the first round against Bobby lol.

You can actually switch the controls to "Classic" and use the buttons to strike, also similar to fight night but I haven't tried it yet.

Rochambeau 10-01-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 137807)
It's just the demo version, so of course it can be rough around the edges. Both UFC demos were rough.

EA admitted they probably should have chosen different characters for the demo because both Lashley and Shields have really high ratings in takedown attempts. They also said that they will be tweaking lots of thing like that in the first patch when the game comes out.

I actually love the game from what I have seen. It didn't take long to get the hang of everything and the total punch control is familiar and quite responsive. I have a few friends who say they love it, but they aren't used to the stick because they always used the buttons in fight night.

Oh, and you can definitely bang in this demo...just stuff Lashley's TD attempts and unload with combos, starting with jabs and finishing with hooks while you keep pressing forward. I have knocked Lashley out on hard about 50 times in the first minute using that method. :laugh:

That's all good to know. I didn't want to be disappointed with this game and I'm not just yet. I did better in MMA 101 and scored an awesome KO. I want to figure out the striking. Striking was my thing in UFC Undisputed 2009 and I want it to be the same with EA MMA.

F34R 10-03-2010 11:18 PM

Here's a video I made of the demo. I thought I had already posted it, but apparently not lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8IPIpvIJM

J.B. 10-05-2010 08:12 AM

For real...good luck winning a decision...

Guess EA was just trying to keep it real...but how in the f**k does a judge have a score-card with 24 or 25 on it?

I don't even care about adding the element of getting robbed, but these scorecards take the douche-baggery of obscene judging to a vomit inducing state.

Rochambeau 10-07-2010 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F34R (Post 137947)
Here's a video I made of the demo. I thought I had already posted it, but apparently not lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak8IPIpvIJM

Why aren't you talking in the video??

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.B. (Post 138051)
For real...good luck winning a decision...

Guess EA was just trying to keep it real...but how in the f**k does a judge have a score-card with 24 or 25 on it?

I don't even care about adding the element of getting robbed, but these scorecards take the douche-baggery of obscene judging to a vomit inducing state.

:laugh:

There was a fight where I thought that I had actually won the fight and the scorecard made it look like I was dominated the whole fight!

F34R 10-13-2010 10:08 AM

Roch, I might do a video with some commentary of sorts on it.

Rochambeau 10-13-2010 10:41 AM

That'd be good!

I started getting early knockouts and was enjoying the demo until my brother deleted it..


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.