Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Woodshed (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Black: The new color of privilege (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597)

Hughes_GOAT 02-27-2009 01:04 AM

Black: The new color of privilege
 
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=89891

can some Mod move this to the Woodshed, thanks.

logrus 02-27-2009 01:42 AM

Were still paying for all the years when African Americans were not even given the time of day.

Black Mamba 02-27-2009 03:00 AM

This is an interesting article, not sure how to take it yet. I'll have to re-read it again later. Hell's Kitchen is coming on. :cool:

I will say, my intial thoughts, I like to know where blacks are getting these privileges at. It sure as heck is not in San Diego. In San Diego, if you don't speak espanol then you're treated like poo. Hispanics get better home and car loans, there ain't nothing for blacks.

As for college, I run into more Hispanics, Arabics, and other minorities with an exception of blacks. I'm lucky to see maybe one other black student in a classroom.

And then what about these "privileges" for the blacks in the South? The ones who can't get out of the projects?

Maybe I'm taking this article out of context, but that's how I feel.

County Mike 02-27-2009 12:22 PM

That is an interesting article. As for Eric Holder claiming Americans are "cowards" for not talking about race more, I completely disagree. I think we don't talk about race as much because it's less of an issue to most of us.

Personally, I don't care what color a person is. I only care how they act and treat others. I'll talk about that. I'll call someone an a-hole if they act like one. I'll call someone a nice person if they're nice. Color means nothing. Talking about it will just bring up more racial tensions. Let it go and act like it doesn't mean anything - because it doesn't.

As far as the "Privilege" part of the article, I don't really get that either. I don't agree with decisions being made based on race. It shouldn't happen regardless of which color is being favored.

Chuck 02-27-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logrus
Were still paying for all the years when African Americans were not even given the time of day.

Do you think we should be?

rearnakedchoke 02-27-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by County Mike
That is an interesting article. As for Eric Holder claiming Americans are "cowards" for not talking about race more, I completely disagree. I think we don't talk about race as much because it's less of an issue to most of us.

Personally, I don't care what color a person is. I only care how they act and treat others. I'll talk about that. I'll call someone an a-hole if they act like one. I'll call someone a nice person if they're nice. Color means nothing. Talking about it will just bring up more racial tensions. Let it go and act like it doesn't mean anything - because it doesn't.

As far as the "Privilege" part of the article, I don't really get that either. I don't agree with decisions being made based on race. It shouldn't happen regardless of which color is being favored.

I agree with that ... a-holes come in all different colours and if you are an a-hole, you are an a-hole ...

rearnakedchoke 02-27-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck
Do you think we should be?

That is the million dollar question ... and if I were to weigh everything up, I would say Yes .... Do I think blacks have the same opportunties as everyone else? Yes .. but do I think they are treated the same? No ... I know most will probably agree and say the race card is played way too much .. but the fact is, is that Black people, in the US and even in Canada are treated much differently ... Heck, I am not white, I am not black .. but I see it all the time ... I see ladies clutching their purses on buses when a black kid walks by, I even have cop friends who tell me they pull over more black people in vehicles more for no reason, just to check things out ... hey, it happens, i think it will take a while to change if it ever will, but they haven't been given a fair shake, and haven't been able to build up their communities etc .. Is it all "Whitey's" fault? nope, a lot of them live up to the various stereotypes about them, but a lot of them don't and they get treated the same way .. just my opinion ...

bradwright 02-27-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
That is the million dollar question ... and if I were to weigh everything up, I would say Yes .... Do I think blacks have the same opportunties as everyone else? Yes .. but do I think they are treated the same? No ... I know most will probably agree and say the race card is played way too much .. but the fact is, is that Black people, in the US and even in Canada are treated much differently ... Heck, I am not white, I am not black .. but I see it all the time ... I see ladies clutching their purses on buses when a black kid walks by, I even have cop friends who tell me they pull over more black people in vehicles more for no reason, just to check things out ... hey, it happens, i think it will take a while to change if it ever will, but they haven't been given a fair shake, and haven't been able to build up their communities etc .. Is it all "Whitey's" fault? nope, a lot of them live up to the various stereotypes about them, but a lot of them don't and they get treated the same way .. just my opinion ...

every time i wander into a discussion and see your post i think to myself,,wow,,this guy can read my mind,we agree on virtually everything,,well there is one thing i'm pretty sure we dont agree on,
you see i love red smarties so i eat the red ones first just in case i'm to full to eat them last,:)
see what i'm getting at here?

there is one thing that makes me a little sad though,,you seem to have a lot better grasp of the English language then i do when it comes to writing,,your use of capital letters and proper punctuation has me in AW ,:blink:
you seem to be a lot younger and much smarter version of me and i feel like i'm becoming obsolete,,:sad:
oh well,we cant stay on top forever i guess,,:wink:
i look forward to your next post,, (as should everyone else,maybe then they would learn something.):)

Neezar 02-27-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke
.. Is it all "Whitey's" fault? ..

Well, hell yeah!


:laugh:

Chuck 02-27-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradwright
every time i wander into a discussion and see your post i think to myself,,wow,,this guy can read my mind,we agree on virtually everything,,well there is one thing i'm pretty sure we dont agree on,
you see i love red smarties so i eat the red ones first just in case i'm to full to eat them last,:)
see what i'm getting at here?

there is one thing that makes me a little sad though,,you seem to have a lot better grasp of the English language then i do when it comes to writing,,your use of capital letters and proper punctuation has me in AW ,:blink:
you seem to be a lot younger and much smarter version of me and i feel like i'm becoming obsolete,,:sad:
oh well,we cant stay on top forever i guess,,:wink:
i look forward to your next post,, (as should everyone else,maybe then they would learn something.):)

Um.... interesting post.. :huh:


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.