Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums

Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/index.php)
-   UFC (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rory Markham Fought Dan Hardy With Collapsed Lung (http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=593)

TheConcretekid 02-26-2009 08:51 PM

Rory Markham Fought Dan Hardy With Collapsed Lung

Miletich fighter Rory Markham had a pretty bad weight cut to get to 170, bad enough to cause organ damage.

Sam Sheridan says:

Quote:

“After the knock-out, he got x-rayed, and the Doc said "Can I X-ray your chest, it looks weird"?" and Rory said sure, and they said "You have a collapsed lung." He had to stay in London 2 days for observation, and I think he's got 120 day medical suspension.

“The only thing he said to me was "That was the worst weight cut I've ever done...I know what hell is like."

Fightlinker Reports:

Quote:

I’m sure there’s going to be people out there saying that Markham is a real WARRIOR for getting into the cage in such a condition, but I just think he ****ed up his cut and that’s nothing to be impressed with. It only takes one dude cutting too hard and suffering a serious injury in the cage to set everything back ten years … if it doesn’t kill the sport outright.

And Zak Woods is skeptical:

Quote:

It is important to remember when these fighters describe an injury to take it with a grain of salt. They are not medical professionals nor are they describing the severity of the injury they are classifying. It's akin to saying, I have a broken toe, when the break is a small chip off the end, versus explaining, that I have a fractured third metatarsal which will require screws in order to set the bone to heal. It is in the specifics and description of an injury, not some medical term that is simply thrown out there, that we discover what type of damage has actually been done to a fighter.

atomdanger 02-26-2009 09:16 PM

Do we have official word from a Dr?
I have seen people who collapse part of a lung and they can sometimes barely walk.

Crisco 02-26-2009 09:23 PM

I don't think it had a lot of bearing on the fight tbh

I hope Rory gets well soon... I hope his health insurance works in England.. That is going to be a huge bill if it doesn't.

Crisco 02-26-2009 09:23 PM

I hope Rory gets well soon... I hope his health insurance works in England.. That is going to be a huge bill if it doesn't.

TheConcretekid 02-26-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco

Not to get all political or anything, but the UK, just like the rest of the modern world, has national health care... only in America do you have to pay an arm and a leg if anything happens to you arm or leg (pun intended, but failed)

Tyburn 02-26-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crisco

:laugh: He doesnt need health insurance...in England Helath Care is considered a Basic Human Right...its taken as seriously as You and your firearms.

In England we have The National Health Service...so long as its not a dental issue he should be fine. Assuming he's entered the country in a leagal manner of course :laugh: He'd almost certainly get his opporation free of charge, should he need one, plus whatever money for scans and xrays etc. He does that useing MY taxes hahahaha...but I dont mind.

We cant leave him dying on the Greenwich Peninsular because he cant bloody afford a treatment and cant breath until he gets one!!! Course he might have to share a ward with other patients, and the whole process of consultation might be slower...but I assure you he'll be alright...you think I have health insurance???? The only time I ever pay that is when I went to the United States hahahahahahaha

I cant even afford Contents Insurance. :'(

Champ2be 02-27-2009 02:30 AM

There is no way he fought with a collapsed lung. If it was in fact collapse he would have had a pneumothorax that would have eventional turned into a tension-pneumothorax which would have killed him if he didnt get a chest tube to relieve the pressure. He may have had a small hole in his lung, but collapsed? No.

Boomer 02-27-2009 05:15 AM

I really liked Rory in the IFL, but he did seem to get hurt alot. i think he over trains.

MattHughesRocks 02-27-2009 05:25 AM

So does GSP :unsure-1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer
I really liked Rory in the IFL, but he did seem to get hurt alot. i think he over trains.

Boomer 02-27-2009 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks
So does GSP :unsure-1:

So does GSP what? Train hard or get hurt a lot?? I honestly dont follow him to closely. I know more about Rory then I do GSP.

Except I do know that he's Greasy ... :ninja: I shook his hand once. It was dripping with Vaseline ... swear :mellow: